Help with GB 2.3.7 Root?

sokkershark

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I've been tinkering with this new phone of mine for a few days now and am running into some trouble. I recently got the phone so obviously it had 4.04 already installed. I unbricked the phone to the earliest version I could find which unfortunately wasn't 2.3.3, but 2.3.7. The root guide by gollum said that 2.3.7 would be fine with superoneclick but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I have a horrible feeling im being ed and missing a crucial step in this. Will post my process below please your help is appreciated.

1) placed three exploit files in exploit folder: exploid, exploid2, and rageagainstthecage.c (Note: rageagainstthecage.c was a C file and i took the c off to match the other exploits after trying it once with it on and fail)

2) Open superoneclick as administrator. I change the exploid in upper right to rageagainstthecage. Click shell root. This is where my process differs from the guide. The program does not hang or freeze here but merely fails. Note: receive a message that says ratc doesnt normally work on 2.3.7 or above. Also the last few lines of the script are:
export TEMPRANDOM=64150;export PS1=END:$TEMPRANDOM;./rageagainstthecage
./rageagainstthecage: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
END:64150export PS1=""

3) I go ahead and click root. Similar problem. get the message again, and this is where it hangs. Completely freezes and have to close. Absolutely nothing has happened on my phone at this point and its as if I had done nothing.

Also: us debugging is on, unknown sources is checked, drivers are installed (I have successfully rooted while on ICS using a different method)

My thoughts, while probably wrong are that maybe the phone is not in download or recovery?? maybe it really just cant be done on 2.3.7 and if so can someone link me to 2.3.3 zip files? My ultimate goal is to load COT recovery so I can flash ROMS!! Im excited to do this but this is a major speed bump. Thanks so much for your help and thanks gollum, dannyman and thenameisnigel for all the guides they've been really informative. I can send someone the full scripts if they want them.

jaime ruiz

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
mediafire has blocked ur **** man. They say it dangerous and they don't distribute dangerous files.

I'm not rooting a cellphone, it's an auto head unit that has 2.3.7 in it.

Last edited: