Can I still return the OG WU2LTE ?

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
HELP: Has anyone tried to return the ORIGINAL Nov '15 watch to ATT this year? There used to be a blanket invitation to return it for the full purchase price due to a component that may be failing, and there was no return window given then, but I wanted to hear from others before I brace myself for a possibly unpleasant experience with ATT.

Reason:
I lost my watch at the gym yesterday, because the strap had come loose off one of the lugs and the watch had fallen off. An honest soul returned it, but the watch is not wearable as it is now. Edited to add: the strap is super loose on one side, but still hanging on. I can't trust it not to fall off as it is now.

I also have some screen issues now, with a line going across the screen, and some days my steps do not get counted. Would love to replace this one with the new LG watch sport, and with a broken strap and faulty screen and pedometer, I won't get much for this one on Ebay. :(

When I thought the watch was a goner, I panicked and went to the Google store to check out the new watch. It's not even in stock, so my wrist will be AW less for the first time in a year and a half with no end in sight!!!

Last edited:

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey! Sorry to hear about your watch :( There doesn't appear to be too many original U2 users around to answer or at least any that have recently tried to return it. Have you tried local AT&T stores for the Sport? According to the site they are in stock at my local stores but I haven't inquired. I hope AT&T/LG can help. Not sure if they'll go past the one year period but with the recall, maybe? Had any luck with them yet?

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
OMG mdw1995, I never even saw your answer. In the end, I decided to keep the watch a little longer, since I kinda didn't hav ethe guts to try and return it so much later :(

Got the hefty leather bands from the Korean seller on Amazon.com (not yet installed) for now until a better GPS LTE AW watch that is not the size of a car hits the market. Hoping whatever it is, it won't have a built in eSIM.