Contact names not shown (CM13)

esuhl

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm very new to modifying Android, but have successfully installed CM13.0 on my Samsung Galaxy SII (i9100). It works really well except for one thing:

I see phone numbers instead of contact names, both during phone calls and in text messages.

Once CM had installed with my new (untouched) SIM in the phone, I inserted a different SIM and imported its contact list into the phone's memory. Then I put my new SIM into the phone again. The contacts appear in the list, but on calls/texts, only the phone number is shown.

I've explored the import/export options, but can't find anything that would help.

I wonder if importing the contacts to Google would help. The phone is set up to sync contacts to Google, but again I can't find an option to manually import to Google.

But surely none of this should matter. The contact names are on the phone, so surely they should appear instead of the number every time...?

Any tips gratefully received :)

esuhl

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Never mind. I left my phone on for ten hours or so and eventually contact names appear instead of numbers.

I've no idea why it should take so long, or what caused the problem, but it's now fixed itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty