problems downloading apps

ericande

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
In the last week or so I've been unable to download some apps from the marketplace. I noticed several apps wouldn't update (espn scorecenter, touituer, dolphin, etc) and I just tried deleting touiteur to re-install and it won't download. Whether I go through market or appbrain I get the same thing, it goes to the app home screen and the progress bar stays completely empty. Restarting the phone doesn't seem to do anything, anyone had this problem?

ericande

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
That problem doesn't seem to be the same as mine. I rooted my phone for the first time and as a result wiped everything and used titanium backup to restore after flashing a rooted ROM. I still can't update those apps. For example, with Toeituer or however it's spelled, I deleted it entirely but if I go to the market it won't download at all, it just hangs.

rsbenedict

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Many of us are having trouble with the market. It seems to be a universal android thing with certain gmail addresses. Google doesn't seem to be working on a fix (as far as I know), but there are many fixes posted (temporary), that involve clearing the cache of certain apps. Do a google search for "download unsuccessful and android market" and you should find a few fixes.