Google Play not downloading apps. Like at all?

androzz

Oct 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi everyone. New person to the community here, but not new to Android, and I have never had this issue before!

Started happening about 2 weeks ago. I was trying to download an app, and Google Play was just stuck on the 'Pending' wheel of death, wouldn't even start the download. I tried fully closing the app and retarting it, still wouldn't work. Uninstalled the Play updates, still nothing. Restarted my phone, still not working. Tried downloading a smaller app, still not working. Then, by some miracle https://19216811.cam/, an app downloaded! Hallelujah!

Fast forward to today, it's happening again, only this time, it's taking FOREVER to get any progress, and then stopping the download part way through. Perfect wifi signal, plenty of storage space.

Never had this issue before, I have no idea what's going on. I've tried literally everything to get it working. Had anyone else had/got this issue, and know anything about how to fix it? It's driving me mad!!

Last edited:

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Crazy. So far you did most of what may be the problem; restarting phone and good WiFi signal. Try going into your apps -> PlayStore -> storage -> clear cache. See if that makes a difference.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Try going to Settings>Apps, select Google Play Store, tap Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager -- you probably have to tap Menu>Show System to see it. Now try again.Try clearing the app cache/data for both the Play Store app and Download Manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress