No notifications from new Outlook app

El Nombre

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I recently downloaded the new Outlook email app on to my nexus 5. I ditched the focussed inbox thing straight away and apart from that it seems OK. The only issue is that it doesn't give notifications for new emails. Well it does, but seemingly only for those emails that would have gone into the focussed inbox, even though I've turned that off. Is there anyway to get notifications for all inbox messages?

mcpayton

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You can set notifications to be for Focused only, all or none per account. The default is Focused only, so if you turn off Focused Inbox globally you get no notifications unless you go in to the account settings and set them to all.
In Outlook go to Settings, go to your account and use the pull down for Mail notifications to set to "All". repeat for any additional accounts you may have added to Outlook.

El Nombre

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Ah thanks man, had sort of given up hope on this. Not sure how i missed it before though. I'm sure i checked in settings but nevermind, all sorted now :)

DINH CONG TRUONG

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
hi Teams

could you please check problem i got with LG G3 using OUTLOOK FOR ADROID

fist time when i installed OULTLOOK, i received all notifications whenever i got new email. but after uninstalled and reinstall again i couldn't received notifications when new email arrival , i put ON all notifications on my device, i still received notification from CALENDAR .

So please help me to fix that

many thanks

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the cache in the Outlook app? That worked for me when notifications weren't happening.

DINH CONG TRUONG

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
many thanks for your response , i tried to clear cache, also deleted all date, but couldn't received notifications on my phone, i already tried to re-install many times. so what is next step i should do?

El Nombre

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how to fix it but if you don't get anywhere here, you can always try the in app support that can be found in settings. They've been quite good at responding to me in the past

Altherix

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Android O.S. appears to have muted it on my Galaxy 7 Edge was the cause.

Go to, Settings --> Applications --> Application manager

Locate Outlook in the list, open the "Notifications" section. Mine had allow notifications set to off, turn it on should fix the issue.

bitoolean

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
I fixed this with the most recent updates to Android 8 by turning off battery optimization for Outlook so that it would run it in the background if anyone else having this issue reaches this page. I lost time and frustration with this, but it was in their help pages. I know this is an old thread, hope I'm not breaking any rule.