LG V35 Memory Vs Internal Storage

DaveJohnson50

Feb 19, 2019
Visit site
My new LG V35 with 2 user loaded apps shows 29% internal storage and 66% memory in use. I uninstalled some apps that I won't use and disabled a few that I might use later.

So is 66% kind of normal? Is there anyway to reallocate storage to memory? Is the operating system using most of the 66? Is 1.96G available a good or bad number?

Removing/disabling apps made a little change but only from about 68% to 66.

Thanks

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
66% sounds normal for a new device with few apps. As you install more apps and establish some usage patterns, expect that RAM usage to go up, and that's a good thing!

RAM uses the same battery power whether it's used or empty. So Android keeps your commonly used apps initialized but dormant in the background, just waiting to be called on again. When you do go to open one of those apps, it can bring it to the foreground quicker and with less battery power than to initialize it from scratch from storage.

The OS will close out apps as needed if you switch things up on your usage. Don't bother trying to micro-manage RAM usage, or use memory boosters/optimizers. You'll only be fighting against how the OS is designed, causing lag and increased battery consumption.

TL;DR Fugetaboutit. ;)

DaveJohnson50

Feb 19, 2019
Visit site
Thanks MoonCatt.

I thought that might be the answer because the ram in use number went down if I ran the cleaner after not using the phone for a while.

On the other hand I have been writing code since the early 1970's and micro-manage is just baked into my head.

I should/will just avoid the smart cleaner until I begin to see problems.

Thanks again

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I should/will just avoid the smart cleaner until I begin to see problems.

Even then I wouldn't use cleaner apps. Those apps tend to take a shotgun approach and clean everything with little discretion. When problems pop up, it's usually limited to a single app going rogue, which you'd never find with a cleaner app. You'd want to go through them individually as part of diagnosing the problem, then deal with that specific app as necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699