Typing in OneNote Landscape AWFUL

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
New to Android as of 2-3 weeks ago, so apologies if there's a simple answer to this.

I use my phone almost exclusively on landscape because I need the bigger keyboard buttons. However, because of the multiple toolbars and the unnecessarily large bar at the top of the app, when I try to type in OneNote in Landscape, there's little to no room to actually SEE WHAT I'M TYPING, even when I zoom out. This infuriating, and any suggestions on how to in any way make the OneNote interface easier to use in landscape would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Attachments

• 46591.jpg
    46591.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
That's a great point. Have you made the suggestion using the feedback app or through the support channel?

No but I'd be happy to do both. But if you'll pardon my noobishness, as I'm just a 3 week old android user, what is the feedback app you are referring to? And what/where is the support channel?

P.S. - I'm still using most of not all of the default software on the phone, including the default keyboard. While this issue is mostly due to the big purple heading bar in the app, as well as the white toolbar that pops up in the app, if anyone has a better experience in landscape with a different keyboard, I'm open to suggestions.

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
No but I'd be happy to do both. But if you'll pardon my noobishness, as I'm just a 3 week old android user, what is the feedback app you are referring to? And what/where is the support channel?

P.S. - I'm still using most of not all of the default software on the phone, including the default keyboard. While this issue is mostly due to the big purple heading bar in the app, as well as the white toolbar that pops up in the app, if anyone has a better experience in landscape with a different keyboard, I'm open to suggestions.

Sorry about the feedback app comment. I forgot that was what we had in W10M, not on Android. Looking at the current version there is no feedback or support option. I did find this email address for the app group, omaonfb@microsoft.com

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
thanks! I'll do that now. I found a "send feedback" option in the app (listed under Settings in the drop down menu from the three dots in the top right corner. I was just confused by the support channel comment but I'll use these links - thanks!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Curious as to what phone you own that you'd need to use landscape for typing. Although I can see this as an issue witj the newer 'tall' aspect ratios when using slightly smaller phones. You probably need big phablet sized phones.

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
Curious as to what phone you own that you'd need to use landscape for typing. Although I can see this as an issue witj the newer 'tall' aspect ratios when using slightly smaller phones. You probably need big phablet sized phones.

Galaxy s9+. Before this I had the windows Nokia 1520. I miss physical keyboards but I have fat fingers and need large buttons. Another forum recommended I get a mini bluetooth keyboard, and I might actually do that, but I'd prefer OneNote just optimize their app for landscape. I actually had a better experience on the Windows phone for typing in landscape in onenote.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy s9+. Before this I had the windows Nokia 1520. I miss physical keyboards but I have fat fingers and need large buttons. Another forum recommended I get a mini bluetooth keyboard, and I might actually do that, but I'd prefer OneNote just optimize their app for landscape. I actually had a better experience on the Windows phone for typing in landscape in onenote.
You'll have better experience typing on a Note 5 or S7 Edge or S6 Edge plus when landscape than anything after the S8 by Samsung. It's the new aspect ratio. The phones are narrower, so the screen on lamdscape is shorter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo