Who ordered a Commando ?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I would be all over the Commando if I was still in the military. Don't really need a rugged phone riding a desk, lol. Let us know how you like it.

GZonerocks

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I will. I have used 2 generations of G Zone phones, this will be my first Smart phone. I know too many people who have lost phones to screen breakage and water. They are a bit too fragille IMHO. The Comando should be the answer.

I think there is a bit of false advertising with verizon. They advertise overnight shipping, but its actually 2nd day Fedex. My pacage is stuck at the sort facility right now :(

dendroid

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ordered one last night - should have it next 2sday. Replaced my BBstorm 1 four times - with insurance the phone cost me over $400 over its life plus monthly enterprise service, etc...
Need a tougher but business capable phone as I am a Facility Manager. I may be on a roof working on a/c's or in a duct around a motor. I work in all kinds of weather inside and outside, wet, dry, dusty, stinky.
Looking forward to all of it's features. Will help the untechnicals i work with see and understand the what and why better and faster.

spmillsii

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Will have mine on tuesday at lastest.

Another BB Storm convert to Commando. I do the same kind of work FM at Target, can not wait to find stuff with Flash capable browser!

GZonerocks

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Received my phone, and have it up and running ! Going to take a while to get used to it. Guess I have to have a google account so i can download apps.

Andyland

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My opinion

Ok so I have had the Commando now for 2 days and here's what I think. Having had a Droid Eris, Incredible, and Samsung Fascinate, I have some experience with Android. I read many posts and reviews ripping appart the touch screen and processor speed as well as it's design. I actualy love the design and have found the screen to be fast and responsive. Maybe slightly buggier than my Incredible and Fascinate but nothing I can't deal with. The Casio UI is pretty impressive and it scored higher in the Quadrant Standard test than my rooted Fascinate. As far as Bing goes it was easier to de-Bing than my Fascinate. And with some free app.s from the market I have customized it to my liking. The only disappointment I have so far is that the 5 mp camera kinda sucks. Videos are crappy, pictures aren't horrible but coming from the Fascinates 5 mp camera with 720 video. This camera does not compete. Not sure if I will keep or return it, being a phone junkie I kinda want to keep for my collection and use it all summer (pools, beach, biking). If you want this phone and are an outdoor type of guy you will love it. If your a tech head who sits by a computer get the Charge or another high end device.

kat89447#AC

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered this phone for my husband. He has been living with his orig droid and it is dying fast. He fell in love with this phone. He's not too techy and just wants a phone that will let him browse, text and email. We actually saw the phone at the store and it was sleeker than I thought it would be. The ruggedness wasn't clunky looking at all, I am sure it will fit his needs but tips are always welcomed. The phone is arriving tomorrow and he doesn't know it yet, I just love surprises.

Andyland

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
He's going to love it. I am really liking this phone more and more. The charging cradle on the Verizon site is a must. It keeps the phone more water proof by opening up the charging hinge less. When in the dock it goes to a desk clock, if you touch the gallery it runs through the saved photos, like a photo frame :D

Dpsammy

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I took the plunge a few minutes ago and ordered a Commando from Amazon Wireless..... $79.00. I had looked at the Commando at a local Verizon store, I think it was their first one. The sales gal had not even seen it yet. She checked the shipment they just got in, and it had one Commando. It felt good in the hand. Verizon's price was $266 out the door. Amazon was a big savings. The phone should get to me on the 11th.

I have totally been geeking/teching out on cell phones for the last few months. I just have an EnV2, and my screen is cracked. I have been limping along with it for months, looking at phones, pouring over these forums..... Thunderbolt, Bionic, Charge, Galaxy S2, dual core, 1.2 ghz, ffc, 1080p, hdmi, yada yada yada. I was wanting cutting edge and 4g. But, then by chance, I saw this phone. With my lifestyle... hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, and my work.. law enforcement, I thought it would be nice to have a phone I didn't need to baby. My duck hunting buddy dropped his Droid X into the bottom of the duck blind into a couple inches of water. Scratch one $600 Droid X. I always had my phone in a plastic baggie, and was worried about getting it wet or dropping it in the mud. When I go salmon or rock cod fishing on the ocean, my phone was always buried deep to keep the salt off it. So, I am hoping this phone is as tough as they say, and is still techie enough to not disappoint me.

I am new to the android scene. All of my friends that have android phones love them. I have an iPad (which is another reason I didn't think I needed a cutting edge phone), and Apple is easy. But, I didn't want a phone that was just like my iPad. I have been watching numerous videos on YouTube about the toughness of the g'zone phones. Pretty cool. Some people test to see if the phones are indestructable.... which they are not advertised to be. Why someone would purposely drop a 30 lb cinderblock on the phone and expect it to survive beats the heck out of me.

So, anxiously waiting. Not a whole lot of reviews yet on this phone from actual users, but most have been pretty positive. I think I can put up with a few quirks to get the toughness.

I will report back!

GZonerocks

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
He's going to love it. I am really liking this phone more and more. The charging cradle on the Verizon site is a must. It keeps the phone more water proof by opening up the charging hinge less. When in the dock it goes to a desk clock, if you touch the gallery it runs through the saved photos, like a photo frame :D

Is this the cradle that you bought ? VZW771DTC Set Your Location

kat89447#AC

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
So I surprised the hubby with the Commando and he is loving it! He had the orig. Droid but this phone fits his lifestyle so much better. He does hunt and fish and quite honestly is not kind to his phones so the durability is great. Hoping to get him the cradle soon. We got the case made for it free and honestly it makes the phone huge. lol I think he will only use it when he is going hunting and fishing for the added protection. I think this phone does not get enough credit in the world of the typical phones. He is having a blast with it though. He wanted to know if they would have an extended battery for it, but so far the answer seems to be no because it would be hard to maintain the integrity of the battery door. Battery life is good, but I think he got jealous seeing my ext. battery for my dinc2 lol.

Andyland

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
So I surprised the hubby with the Commando and he is loving it! He had the orig. Droid but this phone fits his lifestyle so much better. He does hunt and fish and quite honestly is not kind to his phones so the durability is great. Hoping to get him the cradle soon. We got the case made for it free and honestly it makes the phone huge. lol I think he will only use it when he is going hunting and fishing for the added protection. I think this phone does not get enough credit in the world of the typical phones. He is having a blast with it though. He wanted to know if they would have an extended battery for it, but so far the answer seems to be no because it would be hard to maintain the integrity of the battery door. Battery life is good, but I think he got jealous seeing my ext. battery for my dinc2 lol.

I'm glad he likes it the phone is very durable without a case it kinda has one built in. But if it makes him feel safer then it can't hurt. As far as an extended battery, I haven't heard anything as of now but it's still a new phone so we'll see. I did notice the battery to get better after the 1st 3 days so give it some time and try to run it down in the beginning.

Centre1812

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had one for one week, my sentiments are like those of any Linux or open source advocate. Why Bing? Verizon also has loaded quite a bit of bloatware on it. However, I need a tough phone. My Motorola Droid (first edition) couldn't handle shocks too well and would dial people at random after wearing it while weedeating. I have not ordered the cradle yet, but will. I do like the phone and will be following all breaking news. Have a nice day.