Desk Cradle

callmecolt

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I got my desk cradel in the mail today from Verizon for the Commando. Real good thing to have on your night stand. Makes it very simple to set and alarm, view the time, ect. from bed. Also, if you hit the home button, the home screen stays sideways with the phone. I like this a lot.

As I use it more, I will post updates.

A silly question to go with this....
Is there any way to make everything stay sideways without it being in the cradel? I can't seem to figure it out. For the mount I have for it in the car, everything staying sideways like the cradel would be 100x better.

Thanks!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I got my desk cradel in the mail today from Verizon for the Commando. Real good thing to have on your night stand. Makes it very simple to set and alarm, view the time, ect. from bed. Also, if you hit the home button, the home screen stays sideways with the phone. I like this a lot.

As I use it more, I will post updates.

A silly question to go with this....
Is there any way to make everything stay sideways without it being in the cradel? I can't seem to figure it out. For the mount I have for it in the car, everything staying sideways like the cradel would be 100x better.

Thanks!

I have a cradle also and love it. I am probably going to get another. I do not think there is a way to make it stay in landscape tho when out of the cradle. There is an option to keep it from rotating. I would guess that keeps it in portrait mode, although I have not tried it to see for sure.

callmecolt

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried to enable that mode, and it does keep in in portrait. Maybe someone knows someway to modify the phone to get it to do both.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you found the cradle icon to put it in cradle mode without it being in the cradle? Kinda cool. I sometimes use it.

jamieh1257#AC

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I too have purchased the cradle and I love the concept, but.... I have an issue. This is what is happening. I put the phone in the cradle at bed time and wake the next morning to find the day and date still at yesterday's date. The time is correct though. The phone is charging, so the contact is being made. I had a weather widget that included date and time and I uninstalled that, thinking it may be the cause, but the phone keeps on doing it.

I checked my phone's settings and the date and time are correct. Is anyone else having this issue?

I think I will just plug my phone into the wire tonight and place it in "cradle: mode to see if it still does it. I suspect it is a software issue.

callmecolt

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I too have purchased the cradle and I love the concept, but.... I have an issue. This is what is happening. I put the phone in the cradle at bed time and wake the next morning to find the day and date still at yesterday's date. The time is correct though. The phone is charging, so the contact is being made. I had a weather widget that included date and time and I uninstalled that, thinking it may be the cause, but the phone keeps on doing it.

I checked my phone's settings and the date and time are correct. Is anyone else having this issue?

I think I will just plug my phone into the wire tonight and place it in "cradle: mode to see if it still does it. I suspect it is a software issue.

Interesting. To be honest, I did not even pay attention to the date. I will have to see what it says when I wake up in the morning. :confused:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Does it reconfigure correctly when you take it off the cradle? I don't charge mine overnite, but I suspect it goes into a type of sleep mode and maybe it needs to just wake up. Dunno really. I use the desk cradle mode, but out of the cradle itself for overnite and do not have the issue.

callmecolt

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Does it reconfigure correctly when you take it off the cradle? I don't charge mine overnite, but I suspect it goes into a type of sleep mode and maybe it needs to just wake up. Dunno really. I use the desk cradle mode, but out of the cradle itself for overnite and do not have the issue.

It did do it to me! As soon as it came out of the cradle, and went to normal, the date was correct. Interesting bug. Hopefully it get fixed!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It did do it to me! As soon as it came out of the cradle, and went to normal, the date was correct. Interesting bug. Hopefully it get fixed!

Ha, just noticed this morning it did it to me. Was in cradle mode and not on the actual cradle. The date was wrong. Interesting bug, but not a big deal. At least the time is correct.

jamieh1257#AC

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to Verizon last night. I told them about this cradle issue and after being transferred to Tier 2 support:confused: I was told that they have not received any complaints about this type of thing. My issue was "researched" and I was advised that if the day/date does not advance as it should, unplug the docking station while the phone is still in it. It should reset the phone, etc.

Also, Verizon talked me through a hard reset, in case my installing/uninstalling apps corrupted a file.

So, at 0005 hrs. I noted that the old day/date was displayed. I unplugged the cradle and then plugged it back in. The date immediately changed to current day/date. Interesting.

So, how does one bring this to the attention of the correct person(s) for a fix? Through Casio Support directly?

callmecolt

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Good question. It should be reported to them, even though it is not a big deal so it can be fixed on the phones next update.

What is a hard reset? My phone has been slower than normal today and I think I may need a fresh reboot of it. Does it remove anything from the phone?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Interesting they said it was just needing unplugging for it to reset. I use mine in desk cradle mode, but not in the cradle , so a little different scenerio and it has the date issue. It doesn't bother me as a tap of the homescreen and it resets itself.

I'm also curious as to what they had you do for a hard reset. I searched for it a bit before and on other forums and the verizon forum itself everybody said casio left this option out. The only thing I know is to reset the device thru the menu option. This is called the factory reset. Is there any other way? Some key press pattern ?

jamieh1257#AC

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with Verizon Tier 2 support last night and they gathered more information from me and then said they will send a "trouble ticket" to the manufacturer. They did say that the chances of getting the issue resolved would be based on others coming forward as there are strength in numbers with this kind of thing.

So, if you have the time, call Verizon support and ask to have a trouble ticket drafted with this concern. Hopefully Casio will send out an update OTA with a fix.

BTW, love this phone!

jamieh1257#AC

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry for my lack of possible correct terms. I went through the menu option and did a "factory reset". It apparently wipes everything off the phone and brings it back to out of the box condition. I did that and then used verizon's back up program to download my contacts. I then went in to the app store and downloaded some of the apps that I already purchased.

Even with this factory reset, I still had the day/date issue when no third party apps were installed.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, as far as I've heard that is the reset method. I'm not surprised it didn't help. A bug is probably what it is and no amount of resets would fix that. I'm glad it's a pretty insignificant one at that. So far, it's all I've found wrong really. The rest of the device more than makes up for this.

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, I am new here, I float from site to site, for the commando download a home replacement and use it as it makes the response time faster fro the phone and gives you the landscape mode when rotated. The desk clock and alarm apk's have been removed from my phone and replaced with one from a froyo rom, this gives you the darker clock and no date issue that I have found. I modded my cradle to be used at home or as a car mount.

GlennSpeed

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Where can we get a hold of the stock Cradle/Dock apk? I've rooted/rom'ed my c771 with RedPill and it rocks. Screen touch is snappier than stock and with all the bloat removed the system is quick again. the only issue I have is the missing Dock apk. I have the desk cradle and use it to charge, listen to music/radio and as my alarm clock. Been scouring the web but haven't had any luck. Thought it might be in that system dump above, but the link is fishy at best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa