Considering Android tablet

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys

I'm considering buying myself a cheap Android tablet (this will be alongside my other tablet I am getting). However this Android tablet I'm getting needs to:
  1. Work with Adobe CS5 (there's something from Adobe about it I think, I think it might only work with Photoshop mind)
  2. Be very cheap (under ?200 if possible, max spend is ?250)
  3. Be 10" or bigger (my second tablet will be 7")
So, I open it up to you. What are your recommendations based on this criteria?

farwest

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Spend a wee bit more for the Acer Iconia a500. Selling at Best Buy for $449 - Honeycomb, 10", lots of ports - a worthy Xoom replacement for less. Anything less is just obsolete junk you'll regret buying.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Farwest, is it possible to get it in the UK without importing it? And given my needs, I'm doubting that if I buy something lesser that it will just be 'obsolete junk' that I'll regret buying. I don't need a very expensive tablet. To me, $449 is very expensive

anon(236746)

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Paladin, you say you'll ultimately have a 7" and a 10"+ tablet. What is your reasoning here? (I'm asking as a potential buyer myself; not condescending) Having used neither for any length of time, I get the impression that 7" is actually a bit small for typical "couch duty" surfing.

robmack#AC

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you seen the Asus Transformer? Supposedly it is out today, but all stores seem to be sold out already... I'd like to get a comparison of the Asus vs. the Acer

anon(236746)

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you seen the Asus Transformer?

I've read several reviews today and I'm really liking what I see. It seems that the thing holding it back is the "beta" state of Honeycomb. But this is the form factor I want...it will transform tablets from toys to tools. (And let's be honest, we want it all...in one device!)

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Paladin, you say you'll ultimately have a 7" and a 10"+ tablet. What is your reasoning here? (I'm asking as a potential buyer myself; not condescending) Having used neither for any length of time, I get the impression that 7" is actually a bit small for typical "couch duty" surfing.

Well, my 7" tablet choice is because of the way that my smartphone will 'play' with the 7" tablet in question (pun intended). The 10+ inch would be for more design stuff. I mean I am also looking at an iPad of all things to go with the 7" tablet (I would be willing to sacrafice 0.3 inches and get a 9.7" if I found the iPad was the best choice for me).

But here's the thing, I'm a real media guy, and want on the fly editing abilities for photography and perhaps video. I want the email side of things to work too (I plan to use my Google Mail account on my 9.7" tablet via IMAP, to which the BB doesn't touch, nor will the PB). So I'm just thinking which tablet would be best. I know for a fact that for lots of on-the-fly editing, the PB just won't cut the mustard, but it is going to be my primary tablet regardless. It'll be my everyday tablet.

In fact, one thing I would love is this: Record video footage from RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 (a game I play). Grab footage, stick on 9.7"+ device (as it could be an iPad or Android tablet). Edit on the train or something. Perhaps a little task for me to do to keep myself occupied if I'm going down to visit this lass that I'm getting to know ;) (it's a 4 hour train journey from the centre of Leeds to Bristol each way, plus 30 minutes each way for the bus from my house to the centre)

robinkipson

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a device which works as a net-book even better then net-book and PDA. My friend told me little bit about android tablets but don’t have proper information. So, please suggest me from where I can buy cheap android tablet.

buy cheap android tablet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez