How I'm finding my P40 Pro.

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Its been pretty awesome moving to the P40 Pro, my brother had told me not to go for it cos there would be no apps available cos of not having the Google Play Store.

He’s definitely wrong, I got Zoom, Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Amazon, eBay, My Vodafone and First Direct to name my Top Ten Apps that I needed, plus I have a load of others too.

I’m missing Imgur which I would have used for Memes and Stories everyday, I can use the webpage for now and have added a shortcut to my homescreen. Its not quite the same but ive added it to my wish list in App Gallery anyway so hopefully it won’t be long

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
OMG the photos are incredible!! Its given me a new outlook on how I take photos. I've been looking at YouTube videos and been looking at ways on how I can take my photos to the next stage. I have ordered a few little things to test out! The RYBY lens really makes a difference in low light areas and it opens it up so much more. I know you can stick it in night mode but the difference between the 2 is fantastic!!!

Do you have one?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That is so awesome. I wish I'd had the guts to get a Huawei phone! So glad that it is working for you and meeting your needs!

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
That is so awesome. I wish I'd had the guts to get a Huawei phone! So glad that it is working for you and meeting your needs!

Whats stopping you? If you don't mind me asking. If its apps petal search has become my new play store, there aren't half as many versions of the same app!!

bluechains88

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
What colour did you go for?

Its arrived!!!! Silver! This colour is awesome, alll my previous phones were fingerprint magnets, this one some how limits them massively!! But it bends the light in a cool way, difficult to describe but its the colour i recommend or maybe that ocean blue one they have mmmm! if £££ wasnt an object hey!

Scott1saac

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
I'm awaiting mine!!! Ive ordered mine I've seen threads saying phoneclone and petal Search offers near enough everything I would need so I'm excited.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Whats stopping you? If you don't mind me asking. If its apps petal search has become my new play store, there aren't half as many versions of the same app!!

Well, in the beginning, when the P30 line came out, I'd really wanted the smaller P30; since I'd used the Honor 8 and loved it. But I was unsure of the in-display fingerprint sensor; the curved edges; and the lack of IP 68 on the smaller P30 version.

Then when Huawei and Google split, I just didn't want to take a chance on buying a $1000+ dollar phone that may not work or work the way I intended it to. Plus, my brother works and lives in the States so I go back and forth (not now lol, but I used to); so I wasn't even sure if my phone would still be able to work there. Maybe it would have. I guess I just had a lot of uncertainty around it, you know?

And then I got an S10, which has an in-display fingerprint scanner AND curved edges... LOOL.

But all this is to say that if Huawei's app store is that good, I may consider going back in the future. :)

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Well, in the beginning, when the P30 line came out, I'd really wanted the smaller P30; since I'd used the Honor 8 and loved it. But I was unsure of the in-display fingerprint sensor; the curved edges; and the lack of IP 68 on the smaller P30 version.

Then when Huawei and Google split, I just didn't want to take a chance on buying a $1000+ dollar phone that may not work or work the way I intended it to. Plus, my brother works and lives in the States so I go back and forth (not now lol, but I used to); so I wasn't even sure if my phone would still be able to work there. Maybe it would have. I guess I just had a lot of uncertainty around it, you know?

And then I got an S10, which has an in-display fingerprint scanner AND curved edges... LOOL.

But all this is to say that if Huawei's app store is that good, I may consider going back in the future. :)

See I love the curved screens and I think that's from when I used to have Samsung. Im a firm believer in getting good value for money, id heard of Huawei but was wary because when I first got one of their phones I hadn't heard of this company, the person who solid it to me said 'they make nearly all the UK routers' I went home checked my router and a couple of friends and realised he was right, then looked at some of their other models and they've always had a lot of positive reviews.

Ive mentioned before ive had Android and Google for many years and man Id be lying if I said I wasn't 100% sure I was making the right decision with my P40 Pro but not having it there made me realise I don't really need it? Browsers replaced chrome but im going to download Duck Duck Go, petal search has replaced play store - AppGallery isn't 100% there yet but I go on it occasionally and it looks like more stuffs gone on it, either that or I haven't looked properly in the first place. I did wonder if I would get all my social media apps as id read somewhere I wouldn't be able to, however went on App Gallery typed it in and boom took me to the website and gave me the option to download from there. I wanted to not use phone clone straight away as I wanted to see how and where I could get as many apps from as possible.

Banking was mainly where I struggled and where phone clone really was beneficial i also used it to get over some of those apps that you occasionally use but don't really care about