Google Security Updates on P40 Pro?

OnkenEater313

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Right, I keep seeing everywhere people saying the new Huaweis won't get Security Updates for Android when they are supposed to? Is this true and would it mean my device (if even for a while) is at risk?

xTlex

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
Right, I keep seeing everywhere people saying the new Huaweis won't get Security Updates for Android when they are supposed to? Is this true and would it mean my device (if even for a while) is at risk?

I highly doubt it, I got a P40 pro and I got an update this morning. They've been updating phones for ever, just not in the West. In Asia Huawei has full control of the software, kinda like Apple over iPhones.

sjtechhart

Aug 10, 2020
Visit site
I highly doubt it, I got a P40 pro and I got an update this morning. They've been updating phones for ever, just not in the West. In Asia Huawei has full control of the software, kinda like Apple over iPhones.

Can confirm i got the August Android Security update on my P40 Pro this morning. None of my mates on Samsungs have got the update yet so Huawei seem to be really quick at getting the updates out.

SamRH1

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
I know that you will get Android security updates. I have had a few myself.

In terms on app security and updates they are done I terally via emui and Huawei.

To my knowledge though you will get full security coverage from a combination of sources.

xTlex

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
Can confirm i got the August Android Security update on my P40 Pro this morning. None of my mates on Samsungs have got the update yet so Huawei seem to be really quick at getting the updates out.

Yeah, I had the S7 Edge before my P20 pro, after 1 year or so, I was hardly getting any updates. On my P20 pro and P40 pro I've gotten them every month so far.