Issues with G5308W

cwyeo85

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

My mum recently got this phone from my uncle. However it doesn't come with Google services. Tried to root it using Kingo root app, followed by installing the required google play and google play services. Unfortunately the google play services kept encountering problems and had to be closed. Also I was unsucessful in logging in using the existing google accounts. So till now, I'm unable to access google play. Are there any remedies I could attempt such as upgrading to a newer FW or updating to a newer version of Google services?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The phone isn't certified for Google Play, which is common in phones intended for certain markets (like China). You might be try flashing a custom ROM, but I don't know if there's one for that specific model that will allow you to use Google services. Check the forums at xda-developers.com.

cwyeo85

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
thanks fro your advice, I've tried to install google apps on my phone and tried to update stuffs like google play and such, however, I just can't log in with my existing google accounts, will try searching for answers in xda in that case thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty