[Solved] "Account Action Required" and problems signing into Google services

anon(10519450)

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
Just setup my new Shield but are encountering some problems.

I updated to Android TV 8.0.0
My Google account is a G Suite account.
I have no problem using Google services in a browser

My issues

1) "Account Action Required"
I have a notification bugging me and every time I click it, i briefly see "checking info" and the screen flickers a few times and I'm send back to the home screen.

How to take the action required, or just remove the notification?

2) Problems signing into Google services
I can't sign into any Google service (Play Music and Youtube). When I ie. try to sign into YouTube. I go to the app and click forward to the Accounts section. Here I see a "Sign in" button, but when I click it nothing happens and I hear the buzz-sound indication that I cannot click it.

If I try Google Music my system account email is suggested to sign in, but when I click forward to sign in, I get the error "Sorry, we were unable to connect to the server to add the account. Please try again later".

Please help
Thanks

Last edited:

anon(10519450)

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Re: "Account Action Required" and problems signing into Google services

Bonus info
Initially I used the Shield remote to setup wifi and Google account, but as I had the problems above, I did a factory reset and used the http://androidtv.com/setup. It had no impact and I still have the same issues mentioned above.

anon(10519450)

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Re: "Account Action Required" and problems signing into Google services

UPDATE - SOLVED
It turned out that both problems were caused by G Suit setting under Mobile Device Management which did not support device management of Android TV. I therefore made a custom sitting to allow Android devices to be unmanaged. Problem solved