How do I fix, WiFi will not turn on?

danwashuk

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the help coming from this forum. I am going to give Odin a try. I was unaware of it's existence so it may take me a few days to got through it. I will post my results here as soon as I go through the process.

danwashuk

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm having trouble finding the firmware for my tablet. There is a country code for all the firmware listed but none of the country codes are the United States. The closest I can find in XAR which is Cellular South. Does anyone have any experience with this..???

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble finding the firmware for my tablet. There is a country code for all the firmware listed but none of the country codes are the United States. The closest I can find in XAR which is Cellular South. Does anyone have any experience with this..???
What model number is it?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you are getting all these questions from different people! What firmware is on the device ie Baseband version? You can find this in settings>about device>software info.
Thanks

Edit (after I typed the above). I notice BT isn't working. It makes me think this is hardware related. Do you have a warranty? I'll still try to locate FW if you reply to the above.

danwashuk

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand the term baseband version. My tablet was at release 5 and wifi failed during the upgrade to release 6.0.1. As near as I can tell the tablet was set to auto upgrade and failed the upgrade which left it at rel. 5 but with wifi and BT not working. I connected it to Kies and performed the upgrade. Wifi and BT still not working so I went back to the factory basic several times but it still has the same problem.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Ahh OK we can call off the hounds hunting for firmware as Kies has done that for you. Having covered those off, it looks like hardware failure. Problem is the BT/Wifi module is an integral part of the motherboard which is why I asked about a warranty. I really think you should pursue this with Samsung (if you have a warranty) or take it to a local repair shop for proper diagnostics.

danwashuk

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I am not sure how long I have had this tablet but I'm pretty sure it' between one and two years. So the one year warranty is over. I bought it from Costco and I am wondering if it may have an extended warranty through Costco.

If it does turn out to be a hardware failure of the motherboard what do you think Samsung would do if I sent it in to them..??? Will they replace the motherboard at a cost of less than just buying a new tablet or am I better off just buying a new tablet..???

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to say. Typically a used one is a hundred bucks (on Ebay) then it has to be fitted but new parts and dealing with Samsung will bump up the cost but as the device is quite new, they may be kind to you. It's probably cheaper than getting the S2 10.5, however.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Certainly worth a call or email to Samsung. They might be kind especially now looking for good press.

danwashuk

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I had an on line chat with Samsung yesterday. They tell me that there is a $65.00 minimum charge plus tax and shipping to send my tablet in for repair. If it is the motherboard and it has to be replaced it will be $179.00 plus tax and shipping. A new unit is about $450.00 dollars plus tax, so it's cheaper to get it fixed than to buy a new one.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Wifi and bluetooth are separate circuits so rarely they fail at the same time. Try to re flash the firmware.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
If it is the motherboard and it has to be replaced it will be $179.00 plus tax and shipping. A new unit is about $450.00 dollars plus tax, so it's cheaper to get it fixed than to buy a new one.
I doubt it's motherboard issue as bluetooth and wifi rarely fail at the same time, they have separate components and not related.
If motherboard is needed, you can buy a tablet with broken screen ( around $100 ) and swap the motherboard. Samsung tablet is quite simple as there are only 3 screws at 2 speakers to hold down the mainboard. It takes me only 5 to 10 minutes to remove the motherboard.

T800.JPG

danwashuk

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
That's great info about the motherboard. Is there some info on how to take the tablet apart..???

I downloaded what looked like the Rel 5 firmware file for my tablet from the Samsung web site provided within this forum. It took about seven or eight hours to download. I also downloaded ODIN and got both the file and ODIN unzipped. I followed the procedure to add the file to ODIN and loaded it into my tablet. It didn't work. The tablet would not get past the SAMSUNG logo. I tried it twice with the same result. There were no error messages from ODIN. It seemed to think that all went OK. It seems to me that there are quite a number of things that could have gone wrong. I could probably spend several weeks just working on the possibilities..!!!

I went back to Kies and was able to reload the rel 6 firmware and now I am back where I started from, no wifi and no Bluetooth.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
One thing you should know, Marshmallow os bootloader may not be the same as Lollipop. If you did upgrade to version 6 Marshmallow, then reflash back to version 5 of Lollipop, your tablet will be hang at the Samsung logo. If it's already the new OS, you should flash the Marshmallow firmware.
The same like windows, once upgraded to Vista or Windows 7, you cannot load Windows XP back as the computer won't be able to boot.
The same , you cannot go back to Kitkat when the tablet already upgraded to Lollipop.
In case you need to swap the mainboard, look for this one , just in case
Samsung Galaxy Tab s 10 5" 16GB Bronze SM T800 Cracked Screen A 887276033976 | eBay

If you need the bootloader of Lollipop, I can upload it here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/za94ou9r80b6cx9/BL_T800.rar
When changing OS, you need the right AP and BL ( bootloader ) files in Odin.
Upgrade to new system boot loader also is upgraded but downgrade to older system , boot loader of old system must be included, otherwise the tablet will hang at Samsung logo at boot

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38