Battery setup

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Can someone here share how their watch is set up settings wise and apps and what not that leads to at least a day of battery life? My best day of battery was yesterday and it lasted me just 8 hours on light use. Android Wear took up 30% of the drain...

Posted via the Android Central App

AvaMichele

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I wear my watch from 7am, until 11 pm. The past two days it has been at 60% when I put it back on the charger. I have Google Fit disabled, but I use Moto Body. I am in nursing school in the morning, so I usually use theatre mode for about 4 hours. I also disabled tilt to wake, as my watch came on all of the time when I didn't need it. I installed stay lit, and use it at the 2 minute setting, when I need the watch for taking heartbeats, pulses and so forth. It is set up to WiFi and BT, and I don't have problems reconnecting, when my watch is disconnected. I don't have a lot of notifications going to the watch. Mostly text, hangouts, and a few others.

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk

domjoy182

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Ambient mode on, tilt to wake on.
Everything else almost standard in regards to fit and moto step.
Get a fair few notifications through the day.
Take it off charge at 7.30am and its about ready for a charge at 10pm

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Do you guys leave it connected to the phone all day? I normally leave it connected when I'm at work but it's dead by the time I leave work. Yesterday it was from 9am to 5pm.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine almost 1 year and with it notifying me of Hangouts, Phone calls (i recieve work related phones calls all day), 5 email address (2 of them work related 200+ emails a day easy), and Facebook. I get through a day without a problem. I start my day at 6 AM and do not get home until 5:30 - 6:00 PM I do not put it on the charger until 10 PM when i go to bed. Currently it's almost 8:00 and it's sitting at 97%. I do not have the Wrist Gesture, Ambient screen, or Wifi on . MyBrightness is at 3, I'm using the minimal & elegant with the little world addition. Normally I'm at 40-50% when i put it on the charger.

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have my Moto 360 for one week now. I go from 7AM to around 6PM with it, and it's around 30% when I put it on the dock.
Wifi On, Tilt to wake On, Gesture Off, Ambiant Off, Fit Off, brightness auto.
Still under the impression that it should be higher than 30% at that time, but then again, it's a brand new toy, so i'm using it a lot without any good reasons, or trying different faces or settings.

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
So yesterday and today was day 4 and 5 and I'm easily getting close to 20 hours now and I haven't done anything different. Weird but I'm happy with it now haha

AvaMichele

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I read advice in another thread that said to give the watch about 5 days to see a full day of battery life. That must be a true statement!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I was under the impression that each days my battery was getting better. At least for the first 3-4 days. But then again, I thought it was just because in the firsts days I played with it a lot more. But I now that I think of it, it makes sense,

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
couple of questions for you veterans... what's the difference between wrist gestures and tilt to wake? I actually don't even see Tilt to Wake in my settings? Also what does ambient screen do?

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
couple of questions for you veterans... what's the difference between wrist gestures and tilt to wake? I actually don't even see Tilt to Wake in my settings? Also what does ambient screen do?

Ambient screen leaves a darker screen on after the main screen times out. Tilt to wake is when the screen turns on when you tilt and look at it. Wrist gestures allow you to scroll through the notification cards with flicks of the wrist at different speeds.

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

Also the settings for Tilt to wake will be on your phone in the Android Wear app. Once in the app,
- press on the settings icon (top right)
- then under "Device Settings" press on your Moto 360 connected
- then you will see the "Tilt to wake screen" option

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

Also the settings for Tilt to wake will be on your phone in the Android Wear app. Once in the app,
- press on the settings icon (top right)
- then under "Device Settings" press on your Moto 360 connected
- then you will see the "Tilt to wake screen" option