Cricket / AIO

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for someone.

I know updates for the smaller carriers take longer, but apparently a person I'm helping, hasen't even got 4.4.2 yet? Whats the deal with this?

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I think you will have to post more info about the carrier and the current system version of your friend. From where did he buy the phone?

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for someone.

I know updates for the smaller carriers take longer, but apparently a person I'm helping, hasen't even got 4.4.2 yet? Whats the deal with this?

I thought they just sell the GSM unlocked phone? Does this have crapware on the phone as well? Have you tried looking for updates on WiFi and not over the air? Just a thought!

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I think you will have to post more info about the carrier and the current system version of your friend. From where did he buy the phone?

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

I thought they just sell the GSM unlocked phone? Does this have crapware on the phone as well? Have you tried looking for updates on WiFi and not over the air? Just a thought!

My bad, they are on 4.4.2 currently.Just wondering when 4.4.3 will hit, when did 4.4.2 hit after the others?

Cricket is/was a CDMA carrier, then bought by AT&T, so now GSM? Which means the update could come from AT&T not completly sure.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My bad, they are on 4.4.2 currently.Just wondering when 4.4.3 will hit, when did 4.4.2 hit after the others?

Cricket is/was a CDMA carrier, then bought by AT&T, so now GSM? Which means the update could come from AT&T not completly sure.

If its the GSM unlocked version then it will come from Moto and not the carrier. That is all. :) Enjoy the device!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What's the system version on the AIO/Cricket model?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thought I'd post this question here because anyone reading this thread has experience with AIO/Cricket.

I've been a T-Mobile prepaid customer since I got the N4 about 18 months ago. Speeds are great outdoors when I'm in cities, but coverage and speeds are often iffy indoors. And in rural areas, I'm lucky to get GPRS. So I'm considering switching to Cricket.

If you've made the switch from TMO to Cricket, how do they compare in terms of coverage (indoors and out) and HSPA speeds? And for those of you who came from another carrier, what are your overall impressions of Cricket?

Thanks in advance.

Ted Turner1

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Coverage is outstanding vs T-Mobile for me. Always data is available on road trips now.

Speeds are capped. The website will have exact values. Something like 2-5 Mbps for H+

Posted via Android Central App