Question Downloading .APK files

Jhatn

May 30, 2023
Visit site
I lost my phone last month & don't have a new one yet.
I have been researching for a new phone lately & my head hurts 🤪!

I've been downloading some apps in the .apk format for when I do get a new phone, but I'm having trouble finding 2 apps I want.
So my question is this:
Does anyone know where I can download these apps -
Best Buy
My Frontier

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think the point that @mustang7757 is trying to make is that you can do whatever you need within the website itself using the browser. Even a mobile browser. Sign into your account, buy stuff, whatever. No need for the app at all, really.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't want to just use Google Play on your new phone, whenever you get it?
Exactly

Reactions: Laura Knotek

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I may use the store when I get a phone (though I almost never used it before), but downloading the apps I want before-hand is just a little faster.
I would argue that it's not faster at this point. Look at all the trouble you're having finding the apps in the first place.

Then you'll have to, what, copy them over to your phone when you get the new phone and then hunt for them with a file manager, and then install them?

Or wait until you get the new phone, open up Google Play, download and install app with one tap, done.

It just seems to me that you're making this harder than it needs to be, and I'm not seeing the benefit.

The days of hunting down APK files from third-party sources are long gone. Unless it's a special need. Just use the available stores. Either Google Play or Samsung Galaxy Store and just download them directly. One, they're safer, and two, they're always going to be the latest versions for your device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I would argue that it's not faster at this point. Look at all the trouble you're having finding the apps in the first place.

Then you'll have to, what, copy them over to your phone when you get the new phone and then hunt for them with a file manager, and then install them?

Or wait until you get the new phone, open up Google Play, download and install app with one tap, done.

It just seems to me that you're making this harder than it needs to be, and I'm not seeing the benefit.

The days of hunting down APK files from third-party sources are long gone. Unless it's a special need. Just use the available stores. Either Google Play or Samsung Galaxy Store and just download them directly. One, they're safer, and two, they're always going to be the latest versions for your device.
I definitely agree

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Jhatn

May 30, 2023
Visit site
I almost never used the store before.
When I do get a new phone, I'll be moving pictures & other files onto it anyway.
So it's not going to be any harder or take longer to move my .apk files over & install them. I'll know exactly where they will be moved to, so I don't have to go 'hunt' for them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana