Why does a reboot solves wifi connectivity issues?

Rahul Raman

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Why does a reboot solves wifi connectivity issues? I daily use my home wifi connection, sometimes when I use some other wifi connection, I can't connect it. The wifi symbol has a exclamation mark(!). When I reboot my phone wifi gets connected without any issues!!! Why so? Why is that reboot required?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why, but sometimes if that happens to me (typically going from wi-fi to cell and needing it to hop onto the cell network), merely going into airplane mode and then turning airplane mode off fixes that problem. That's kinda the reverse situation, but you might give that a try. Make SURE your wi-fi icon is by default "on."

Lately, I've also noticed that sometimes my phone doesn't promptly hook onto my home wi-fi network and sometimes stays on the cell network when I (a) turn on the router in my home and (b) bring the phone out of airplane mode (which I typically use when I sleep). In those instance, I don't have toggle airplane mode again. Just touching the wi-fi icon and make sure to toggle it on does the trick.

Reboots work but are never required in these circumstances. So, try toggling airplane mode, or even just wi-fi on and off. That seems to jiggle it into making the connection.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Why does a reboot solves wifi connectivity issues? I daily use my home wifi connection, sometimes when I use some other wifi connection, I can't connect it. The wifi symbol has a exclamation mark(!). When I reboot my phone wifi gets connected without any issues!!! Why so? Why is that reboot required?
It is probably not the phone, but something with the router or A you are accessing. I go from LTE to WiFi to HSPA and back and forth all the time, I only have this issue at specific location and a quick airplane mode toggle fixes it right up.

I rarely reboot, until I rebooted last week, I had gone over 1000 hours without having to reset (which turned out not to be the fix anyway, I was just in a poor coverage area stuck in Edge and that's all there was there).

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I rarely reboot, until I rebooted last week, I had gone over 1000 hours without having to reset (which turned out not to be the fix anyway, I was just in a poor coverage area stuck in Edge and that's all there was there).

I wonder if I should stop rebooting my moto g as much as I do currently.. which is about once every one or two days.
I think I got myself into the habit of doing this because with all my previous android phones, a daily reboot seemed to bring the phone's performance back up to speed (even though android's ram allocation system is supposed to keep things running at optimal efficiency)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87