icon upper left next to time

Cliff50

Nov 5, 2022
Visit site
I have a moto g pure and still trying to learn the ins and outs. I have a small + sign next to the time display upper left corner an no idea what it means.Last phone I had was not this smart.
So if anyone knows a good instruction I really would appreciate it Thanks cliff

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That image is pretty low resolution, so it's hard to tell exactly what it looks like up close. Still, it would help to bring down the notification panel and see what shows up there, have you tried that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I'm trying to figure out who provides that Discover Bar. I don't think it's related to the Google Discover feed to the left of the primary homescreen. If you never installed it yourself, it might be something that came preinstalled (either from Motorola or Cricket). Or it might have been a "feature" of some other app you installed (which typically serves up a good amount of ads as well).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually, if you wanted to figure out which app was responsible, you should be able to long-press the notification and bring up the name of the app that's giving that notification. But since you already got rid of it, I'd just leave it alone.

Cliff50

Nov 5, 2022
Visit site
About that it really bothered me so i did factory reset just to see if it was there and as you can tell its there.
I know the pot is hot don't touch it