recent issues

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
In the past few weeks my g5plus has had a rash of little irksome issues. These range from apps freezing to no call volume and even battery draining flat after being on charge over night from 2%. Its had screen freezes and keyboard freezes too. Ive done the usual stuff such as cache wips and re sets including factory. Ive checked the apps I'm running and deleated the two apk files I was running only to find no difference. Ive dug out my blackberry dtek60 and that seems after a hard factory reset several months ago to be working fine (again), so Ive reset the G5plus again and have left it to run completly down before charging. I've changed SD card / sim back into the BB.

Now my wife has a regular g5 and says shes had the battery issue for a few weeks as well. Now both phones are almost 12 months old and she believes that they have been sent self destruct messages by the powers that be.

Anyone had any simalar probs? If so how did you over come them?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Letting a lithium battery run completely down ia a no-no. You might need a new battery by now. (I had a G5 - no such issues. But I never let the battery drop to less than 30%, or charged it higher than 80%.)

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
well I let it go down to 2% and have fully charged it to day after a r3set and it seems perfect again. Strangely better than normal.

All I ne3d now is any 2018 update!!! come on moto where are they???