NFL Mobile and the Instashare Projector Motomod

cronikk

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I work for Verizon. According to my Motorola rep this is the one thing that you aren't allowed to cast because of licensing and stuff.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Pretty silly that they'd allow casting but not use with the projector. Licensing rules can be pretty silly sometimes.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I ran into a problem with Miracasting my Note 7 using the Xfinity app (aka Comcast). It's beyond annoying to have this functionality locked out. I'm not trying to project or "sling" to a big screen t.v. so the whole neighborhood can show up and watch. It's for my personal enjoyment in my own home. I'd fully blame Verizon for this lockdown but Comcast is JUST as evil as VZW. Don't trust either of them at all and this kind of crap thoroughly annoys me to no end.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I ran into a problem with Miracasting my Note 7 using the Xfinity app (aka Comcast). It's beyond annoying to have this functionality locked out. I'm not trying to project or "sling" to a big screen t.v. so the whole neighborhood can show up and watch. It's for my personal enjoyment in my own home. I'd fully blame Verizon for this lockdown but Comcast is JUST as evil as VZW. Don't trust either of them at all and this kind of crap thoroughly annoys me to no end.

..or you can blame the NFL.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Last night when they streamed the Texans VS New England on Twitter I was able to use the projector and sat outside and watched it on my patio wall. Maybe they forgot about that source. It worked for the whole game.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
For sure paid viewing companies or channels will block things like this.

I'm not even going to think for one second that Sky in the UK will allow use of the projector. They don't allow use of Chromecast either.

Why? Because Multi Room costs the consumer a few more pounds a month on contract and they won't give that u for free.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Last night when they streamed the Texans VS New England on Twitter I was able to use the projector and sat outside and watched it on my patio wall. Maybe they forgot about that source. It worked for the whole game.

Haha. Nice.

BigMieux

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
The licensing problem is with DirecTV and their Sunday Ticket. Verizon ONLY has rights to stream games on phones...AFAIK you can't even stream NFL games with the NFL Mobile app on a Verizon tablet. WatchESPN won't let me stream NFL games ON my phone, it has to be a tablet or computer. I'd be willing to bet that it is DirecTV's requirement that they block Verizon from allowing their NFL games anywhere but on the phone screen...

DJ Johnson2

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
FYI, Streaming NFL games is blocked when casting to a TV. For this reason I believe it will be blocked when projecting if it is not already.

I am considering purchasing the projector mod mostly to display NFL games. I'll report my findings if I make it out to BestBuy one of these Sundays.

Any updates?

Craig Culp

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Also if someone could check the WatchESPN app that would be great. Thanks.

I have been able to project games from the nfl mobile app for a couple weeks by finding a way around the block. I would restart the projector while the streaming window was still open but paused. This has worked beautifully up until last weekend when the app updated and now I can't do it anymore. I will attempt this again tonight for TNF and let you guys know. Also to answer somebody else's question. Yes, the projector works for literally everything else Netflix, hulu ect.

sgtbilkodle

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Yes; it's blocked. I have the Instashare and NFL Mobile and all it will display is a message saying you can't "cast it to another device", even though it's not "casting".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer