What a botched launch this is turning out to be!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Way up here in Flint, MI, we have a single corporate AT&T store, for the entire county. This place is small.

They have a full display, knew it well, when I wanted one, they reached for the card first, made my account, added my corporate discount, and sent me home. I ordered it that night around 2000.

I got a notice at 0400, my Moto is on the way. They quoted my 7 days, it took them 8 hours.

What is this talk of a failed launch?

Apparently some locations have their act together and some don't :)

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Way up here in Flint, MI, we have a single corporate AT&T store, for the entire county. This place is small.

They have a full display, knew it well, when I wanted one, they reached for the card first, made my account, added my corporate discount, and sent me home. I ordered it that night around 2000.

I got a notice at 0400, my Moto is on the way. They quoted my 7 days, it took them 8 hours.

What is this talk of a failed launch?

Have you not read the eamples of failure in this thread? Failure may be the wrong word...more like "rocky" or " inconsistent".

I wonder how many people confuse stores that state Authorized by ATT as corporate ATT stores.

That lack of display or sales that I mentioned I observed was at a corporate store. No confusion here. And I guess that is what I do not understand...why even different corporate stores are giving different sales expereinces...or no sales at all yet. It's a very inconsistent launch. It really should have rolled out nationwide to all AT&T stores at the same time. At least all the corporate ones. But that did not happen.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Have you not read the eamples of failure in this thread? Failure may be the wrong word...more like "rocky" or " inconsistent".

That lack of display or sales that I mentioned I observed was at a corporate store. No confusion here. And I guess that is what I do not understand...why even different corporate stores are giving different sales expereinces...or no sales at all yet. It's a very inconsistent launch. It really should have rolled out nationwide to all AT&T stores at the same time. At least all the corporate ones. But that did not happen.

I live in a back water part of the state of California. Our corporate store had a wonderful display and everything good to go. They also got the Next program early among other items.
I have to say that to me this is one of the best ATT stores available, even when compared to the ATT stores in the "richer" locations.

I don't know if it is a management issue or how else it is approach but if that is the case, then it is on ATT, not Motorola.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
To me a botched launch would be Diablo 3. The servers crashing so hard was a botch. As for the Moto X, it could have been better of course. I think this falls more on the retailer more than the manufacturer.

For a brighter tomorrow.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
To me a botched launch would be Diablo 3. The servers crashing so hard was a botch. As for the Moto X, it could have been better of course. I think this falls more on the retailer more than the manufacturer.

For a brighter tomorrow.

And it still sold 16 million copies.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Motorola cannot control att. That isn't how this works.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Therein lies the main reason I can't stand carrier phones. A smartphone should be controlled by the people who MAKE it, not the meddling little Harry Potter goblins running the carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4