Moto X Battery Life

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Man, those are some incredible times. Thanks again for posting!!

Not a problem but honestly I am just having fun with this great phone. This thing is really just a perfect phone. The battery times that I am getting are nothing different than moto is advertising for the moto x. I love this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Not a problem but honestly I am just having fun with this great phone. This thing is really just a perfect phone. The battery times that I am getting are nothing different than moto is advertising for the moto x. I love this phone.

If I were you, I'd check into that Android Central app that's sucking 3.6% of your battery. ;)

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I get the secret to more than 3 hours of screen time with this phone. Grant pointed it out. His shows 1.8% of the time is cell radio. In otherwords, do not use the cell radio. Use the wifi. If yo use the cell radio or LTE, you get pretty pedestrian battery time.

Grant, you are correct then. 6 hours is possible. The Anatech reviewer did the same thing you did, used it and played video for 5.5 straight hours, before the battery died.

Do not sync, do not use the LTE or cell radio at all, and you get fantastic battery life. I got it. Now, how about that 6-8 hour of screen time pic next.

EDIT: I am taking mine back this weekend, if I continue to get 2.5 hours of screen time, and 12 total hours. I bought this phone because it was little, the screen was nice, and the battery was supposed to last. The battery is not better than any other phone out there. The rest is pretty damn nice though.

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I get the secret to more than 3 hours of screen time with this phone. Grant pointed it out. His shows 1.8% of the time is cell radio. In otherwords, do not use the cell radio. Use the wifi. If yo use the cell radio or LTE, you get pretty pedestrian battery time.

Grant, you are correct then. 6 hours is possible. The Anatech reviewer did the same thing you did, used it and played video for 5.5 straight hours, before the battery died.

Do not sync, do not use the LTE or cell radio at all, and you get fantastic battery life. I got it. Now, how about that 6-8 hour of screen time pic next.

EDIT: I am taking mine back this weekend, if I continue to get 2.5 hours of screen time, and 12 total hours. I bought this phone because it was little, the screen was nice, and the battery was supposed to last. The battery is not better than any other phone out there. The rest is pretty damn nice though.

Were on the same boat. Just a little over 2 and half hours of on screen time usually browse and instagram on 4g and about 10-11 hours total battery with most features turned off, have no idea how people have everything syncing and turned on and still get 6 hours screen time though. this pho definetely worth the $36 restock fee to exchange it before I completely replace it with a HTC one

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-09-03-02-02-54.pngView attachment 79287

Screen time of close to 5hrs total uptime (~14hrs), was on LTE for 4hrs in the day, with around 30 mins of streaming music over LTE/Bluetooth. Facebook, 2 email syncs ..quite a bit of youtube streaming (over wifi) and youtube control with connected smart TV hub, automatic brightness set, one hour voice calls, bluetooth and wifi turned on throughout the day and also took few pictures during the day.
Im quite satisfied with the battery life with my usage patterns, Im usually getting screen times between 4:30 to 5:30 hrs from past few days. And I never really made any effort to turn things off to save battery life.. I always have bluetooth/wifi/google now/touchless control/active display/assist/chrome connect all turned on always..

Last edited:

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 79287

Screen time of close to 5hrs total uptime (~14hrs), was on LTE for 4hrs in the day, with around 30 mins of streaming music over LTE/Bluetooth. Facebook, 2 email syncs ..quite a bit of youtube streaming and youtube control with connected smart TV hub, automatic brightness set, one hour voice calls, bluetooth and wifi turned on throughout the day and also took few pictures during the day.

Your pic is broken

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
What.

His screenshot CLEARLY shows that the cell radio was active for 9 hours and 4 minutes, with WiFi only active for 1 hour 1 minute.

yes, on the regular one. It's 9 hours, 52%........ 1.8% of the battery was cell radio. 1.8%. ( hours of phone radio, 3 minutes of phone calls. 3 minutes. Yes, if it used like a portable video player, with some occasional (3 minutes) then you get great battery life. he used plenty of apps, that required no real data, look at the less than 2% for the apps that use data.

Look dudes, face it. If you use the phone, the battery life is pretty damn regular. If you use it for vidoes, then it's stellar. We knew that, the reviewers already said it. Sure, don't use antanaes and get great screen time, it's a useless metric.

Use it for data, phone calls, mapping, gps, ya know, like a smart phone, then it is regular battery life.

This is fine. The small form factory with the big phone battery life is great. 8 hours of screen time, no. Using the radios, and other functions besides just lighting the screen up, it's just regular.

Moto said 24 hour battery life, well, that's 24 hours, -8 for sleep, and 8 for standby at work. 8 hours for actual use.

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Damn thats crazy. You lucked out and got a good copy of the phone. I'm on 3 hrs 19 mins screen time right now with 17% remaining and everything turned off lol

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
The best screen time I've gotten in 4 days.

WiFi, Bluetooth, location services, syncing, power saver all off, touchless control and active noti. On.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-03-17-57-32.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-03-17-57-32.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2013-09-03-17-57-37.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-03-17-57-37.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 40

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The way I use it its good for 4 hours screen and about 16 hours standby. Seems like about the norm.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

yeah, for sure. That will get you up, at work, out, a few drinks and dinner with friends and home. Not bad at all.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
What.

His screenshot CLEARLY shows that the cell radio was active for 9 hours and 4 minutes, with WiFi only active for 1 hour 1 minute.

Yes but how do you reason with that guy after presenting screen shots showing that I was clearly on LTE. Gents, sometimes you just can't reason with ******'s. If I actually spelled that out I would be banned:)

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I've got so far. I just got the phone today and haven't went through a full recharge cycle yet.
Screenshot_2013-09-03-21-15-36.png

Screenshot_2013-09-03-21-18-20.png

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If everybody was getting 8 hours of screen time using the phone the way they use it then nobody would be complaining. (Will maybe some) But it clearly doesn't work that way for everyone. It's up to the purchaser to decide if they can live with the battery, cut back on some things or get something with better battery life

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually happy with the battery life so far. I usually don't use 3+ hours of screen time, only when I'm setting things up. So far the Moto X just seems like every other Android phone, maybe a little above average battery time for it's size. I will know better after a few charge cycles. I have a feeling the standby time is going to be incredible, which is good for me.

My screen time is posted on the previous page.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
After my first day at work. Keeping in mind that my office is a black hole of signal, this is awesome. My GS3 lasted about 3 hours unless I put it in airplane mode. To be able to keep my phone on is amazing. Judging by what's left, I'll be able to carry through, even if I go out after work and forget to use my car charger, or charge any at work. (Yes, I know screen on is small, but I'm working at work, so that's no biggie for me.)

Edit: I did leave wifi (no connection at work though) and bluetooth on, auto brightness.

Screenshot_2013-09-03-22-27-47.pngScreenshot_2013-09-03-22-27-58.pngScreenshot_2013-09-03-22-27-51.png