09-03-2013 07:12 PM
621 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    The screen size for the Samsung galaxy s4 is 5 inches, not far off. It makes a difference. It's amazing how mad you guys get when facts are pointed out. It's like trying to tell a baby the TV isn't magic and you guys are defending it is

Sent from my SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    Improvements in display quality (saturation, white level, color balance, etc.) aren't necessarily directly related to resolution. Actually, they probably aren't related at all.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    08-26-2013 07:21 PM
    well its an amazing choice because it gives a superior experience unlike S4's lag
    Lag has been fixed, and even then it's still a better choice than the Moto X. You started it, for the record. Now it's a hate bash on phones. And there's custom roms and a Google edition which is awesome. So, if I may, stfu

08-26-2013 07:22 PM
    No, we're not going to hate bash phones. This thread is heated enough.

08-26-2013 07:23 PM
    Improvements in display quality (saturation, white level, color balance, etc.) aren't necessarily directly related to resolution. Actually, they probably aren't related at all.

Never said they were. I'm saying the better resolution provides a better viewing experience.

08-26-2013 07:24 PM
    Lag has been fixed, and even then it's still a better choice than the Moto X. You started it, for the record. Now it's a hate bash on phones. And there's custom roms and a Google edition which is awesome. So, if I may, stfu

so it was not hate bash on phones before?? LOL what happened you got hurt when i talked about S4 lag??
    so, if i may, you should stfu.
    08-26-2013 07:25 PM
    No, we're not going to hate bash phones. This thread is heated enough.

Don't want to, he started it. It is rant on specs so I was ranting. He decided to make it a hate bash. I'm not gonna bash the phone

08-26-2013 07:25 PM
    Never said they were. I'm saying the better resolution provides a better viewing experience.

For what activity?

08-26-2013 07:27 PM
    Once again, I'll explain it again. It's sub-par for the asking price. The screen is 720p instead of 1080p, the processor is outdated, the phone itself isn't amazing. It's fast certainly, I mean Its a good phone. Just not for the money they're asking. It's sub-par for the amount of money they're asking

Value is in the mind of the beholder and you are falling into the footsteps of those spec guys that immediately use that argument. I don't judge it by whether it costs $50 more than another, or $50 less. My judgement lies in the utility of the device compared to another. The S4 seems high to me because it added no value over the S3 unless you like gimmicks and many do...I guess Moto could put in a much larger battery, a faster clockspeed processor, layer up some more software on top of android, etc. and offer a heavier, bigger, phone that still offered the practical utility of the X with the same performance of the X from an user stance, but, compared to the current X, I would wonder what and why. I like the form factor, the lack of heat, and so on.

I don't consider it over priced or under valued.
    08-26-2013 07:28 PM
    so it was not hate bash on phones before?? LOL what happened you got hurt when i talked about S4 lag??
    so, if i may, you should stfu.
    No, I didn't get hurt. The s4 has had its lag fixed although it was an issue before. I would call you names, but I'm above that and far too intelligent to stoop to your level of understanding.

08-26-2013 07:28 PM
    think you just did!
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    08-26-2013 07:31 PM
    For what activity?

Typically all around, it's a sharper display. It can be noticed viewing movies, playing games, all around. This is why we have HD televisions correct? A better viewing experience and sharper video. 1080p makes a difference. You should know that, seeing you're rocking an HTC one (it's an awesome device by the way)

08-26-2013 07:32 PM
    No, I didn't get hurt. The s4 has had its lag fixed although it was an issue before. I would call you names, but I'm above that and far too intelligent to stoop to your level of understanding.

Yeah you are intelligent. I understand that now /s
    08-26-2013 07:32 PM
    Value is in the mind of the beholder and you are falling into the footsteps of those spec guys that immediately use that argument. I don't judge it by whether it costs $50 more than another, or $50 less. My judgement lies in the utility of the device compared to another. The S4 seems high to me because it added no value over the S3 unless you like gimmicks and many do...I guess Moto could put in a much larger battery, a faster clockspeed processor, layer up some more software on top of android, etc. and offer a heavier, bigger, phone that still offered the practical utility of the X with the same performance of the X from an user stance, but, compared to the current X, I would wonder what and why. I like the form factor, the lack of heat, and so on.

I don't consider it over priced or under valued.
    That's where differences in opinion come in. I personally like specs, where you seem to like usability and functionality. I respect that. I just think they want too much money for what is offered

08-26-2013 07:33 PM
    Yeah, PhoneDog noticed that the Verizon symbol in the banner was not as sharp as it is on a 1080 display
    08-26-2013 07:34 PM
    think you just did!
    Without actually doing it, that's what you want to do.

08-26-2013 07:34 PM
    okay, now we are down to opinion...that's fine, we all have at least one
    08-26-2013 07:35 PM
    Yeah you are intelligent. I understand that now /s
    I sense sarcasm, lots of it.

Without actually doing it, that's what you want to do.

no, you were just being cutely snide...same thing
    I sense sarcasm, lots of it.

I thought you already figured that out since u r intelligent /s
    08-26-2013 07:36 PM
    no, you were just being cutely snide...same thing
    Oh well, I think it was better.

08-26-2013 07:36 PM
    okay, now we are down to opinion...that's fine, we all have at least one
    Yes we do, we all like different things and have different opinions

08-26-2013 07:37 PM
    Typically all around, it's a sharper display. It can be noticed viewing movies, playing games, all around. This is why we have HD televisions correct? A better viewing experience and sharper video. 1080p makes a difference. You should know that, seeing you're rocking an HTC one (it's an awesome device by the way)

Before this I had a Nexus 4 and One X. Movie watching is no different, especially since the only way to currently get 1080p video in a phone is Blu-ray rips. Everything gets upscaled. That doesn't make it better. The actual quality (the things I listed before) are better, and that makes a difference. Same with reading text, at least for me, at this screen size.

It does make viewing high quality images (like those in 500px) more enjoyable. That, IMO, is the only thing where the difference is actually noticeable. Everything else can be attributed to the actual quality being improved.

When we get to large form factors that changes, but that's not really the topic at hand here.

08-26-2013 07:39 PM
    I thought you already figured that out since u r intelligent /s
    Oh I did. Ah I'm tired of explaining things without you're intelligence being able to comprehend what I'm saying. I'm done talking to you

08-26-2013 07:39 PM
    Before this I had a Nexus 4 and One X. Movie watching is no different, especially since the only way to currently get 1080p video in a phone is Blu-ray rips. Everything gets upscaled. That doesn't make it better. The actual quality (the things I listed before) are better, and that makes a difference. Same with reading text, at least for me, at this screen size.

It does make viewing high quality images (like those in 500px) more enjoyable. That, IMO, is the only thing where the difference is actually noticeable. Everything else can be attributed to the actual quality being improved.

When we get to large form factors that changes, but that's not really the topic at hand here.

True, but you do agree it makes a difference. That's all I wanted to hear, very good then

08-26-2013 07:40 PM
    I'm not saying it's a bad phone! I'm saying it's sub-par on specs! It was designed for battery life, everyone knows that. I'm just pointing out the specs. And this thread is rant about specs right? Exactly

It was not only designed for battery life. It was also designed for form factor, which is the advantage in not having to have space for huge batteries. The hardware was also designed to allow for the implementation of services that would otherwise consume too much power to be provided usefully.

All of these design decisions are trade offs. I like the tradeoffs more on the X than on the S4 and HTC One.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-26-2013 07:40 PM
621 ... 7891011 ...