VZW anyone buying this on thursday?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm ordering one tonight. Returning my Maxx this weekend. Honestly, I really wanted the Maxx to work out but coming off the iPhone 5 I could just not get used to the form factor and weight of the Maxx. Hoping that the Moto X will at least match the 6-8 hour screen time that I am getting with my iPhone 5 right now running IOS 7 Beta 6. I want to come back to Android and love the new features but the Moto X battery does concern me. Guess I will find out next week if it was the right move. OK no more Moto X bashing for me because I am hopping on board. Feel free to thrash for all of the negative Moto comments that I have been making! I know I would......

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, the free two-day shipping means you should expect delivery on Tuesday, due to the weekend and Labor Day. So the two day shipping really means five day shipping. <sigh>

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So... is 16 extra GB of space and customization worth 90 (ish) days of waiting and $50 (+ tax)? That's $3.1350 and 5.6250 days of waiting per GB. I seem to be drawn to woven black + black + black anyways... this is a tough call. Right now I'm using approximately 6.42GB of 28.13GB available space on my current device.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
So... is 16 extra GB of space and customization worth 90 (ish) days of waiting and $50 (+ tax)? That's $3.1350 and 5.6250 days of waiting per GB. I seem to be drawn to woven black + black + black anyways... this is a tough call. Right now I'm using approximately 6.42GB of 28.13GB available space on my current device.
I'm a heavy drop box user and I actually like plain black phones so I don't need the different colors. But if the moto x is a winner then I will eBay it and get a dev as soon as they come out.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm a heavy drop box user and I actually like plain black phones so I don't need the different colors. But if the moto x is a winner then I will eBay it and get a dev as soon as they come out.

The Dev is for Verizon? I've been thinking it's AT&T. Hmm...

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm wanting to get my hands on it for this reason. Rooting is great but you get stuck at the mercy of dev community waiting on stable releases.

Posted via Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I will pay the $15 and have it Friday. Not waiting till Tuesday.

Posted via Android Central App

I didn't know that was an option. I think I'd be willing to do that just this once. It's worth getting it four days early AND before a three day weekend!