Droid Maxx vs. Moto X Pics!!!!

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Thought that I would share some comparison pics of both phones. Overall I would say that I like the Maxx better mainly because of the larger screen. Also, I like the curved glass on the screen edge of the Maxx (very similar to the Nexus 4 glass). The X doesn't have curved glass. Loving both phones, however! Enjoy!

moto1.jpgmoto2.jpgmoto3.jpgmoto4.jpgmoto5.jpgmoto6.jpgmoto7.jpg

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Had the maxx and traded it for my moto x. Not one regret

~ Sent from my Moto X ~

Yeah, I'm carrying around the X right now as my daily driver... I honestly could be happy with either phone. I have the unlimited plan with Verizon and being able to watch videos nearly all day long with the 5" screen on full brightness and never having to worry about battery life is just fantastic, hence the Maxx.

anotherfiz

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Maxx right now , I am all but convinced that I want to trade it for the X. Software buttons and pocket-ability are my main drawing points. The maxx battery is amazing, but coming from a Gnex that I was able to manage fairly well, I think the Moto X will suffice for me.

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've got the Maxx right now , I am all but convinced that I want to trade it for the X. Software buttons and pocket-ability are my main drawing points. The maxx battery is amazing, but coming from a Gnex that I was able to manage fairly well, I think the Moto X will suffice for me.

The X is overall the most comfortable and easiest to use, and It actually feels much slimmer in the hand than it actually is, but every time I pickup the Maxx I'm just like WOW!

Last edited:

anotherfiz

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the maxx does not seem that big because they crafted the phone well... Except when its in your pocket or your trying to hold it up with 1 hand for extended periods of time

What is the legitimate battery difference between the two? Does the maxx just get 30% more life? Or does the extra screen size suck up a tiny bit more power (making it like 25% more battery life)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the maxx does not seem that big because they crafted the phone well... Except when its in your pocket or your trying to hold it up with 1 hand for extended periods of time

What is the legitimate battery difference between the two? Does the maxx just get 30% more life? Or does the extra screen size suck up a tiny bit more power (making it like 25% more battery life)

The maxx battery is 59% larger than the Moto X. My guess is that the maxx should get about 50% more battery life.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

I really haven't done a "scientific" test, but to be honest the Maxx is the king of battery life but the X doesn't seem to be too far behind even though it has over 1000mAH lower battery. in other words, I've been more impressed with the X battery life.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the maxx and love it. It was going to be a close call between the two but in the end I wanted the maxx.. And plan on keeping it

As far as the subject of pics and camera, I think the pics the maxx is taking are just great! I even took a short video of a car fire the other day and the video and sound were crisp and super clear. I still don't see what the complaint is about the new camera on these two phones, besides lack of options.. But I'm a point n click guy anyway so this camera to me is wonderful!

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I really haven't done a "scientific" test, but to be honest the Maxx is the king of battery life but the X doesn't seem to be too far behind even though it has over 1000mAH lower battery. in other words, I've been more impressed with the X battery life.

It is a big big difference. You will never get close to this with an X. I have both. To even hint that it isn't a big difference is crazy

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378162078175.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378162078175.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 54

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I can do 6-8 hours of screen time between charges. The Moto X has a form factor that blows the doors off of the Maxx and it doesn't feel like I am carrying a brick in my pocket. And to tell you the truth? Droids are about the ugliest phones made, the design is on it's last legs. The Maxx looks like a Phablet wrapped in a dirty sock. You know it, you are going through buyers remorse. Just take it back and get a real phone before your 15 days are up. That's what most Maxx owners are doing.
It is a big big difference. You will never get close to this with an X. I have both. To even hint that it isn't a big difference is crazy

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I can do 6-8 hours of screen time between charges. The Moto X has a form factor that blows the doors off of the Maxx and it doesn't feel like I am carrying a brick in my pocket. And to tell you the truth? Droids are about the ugliest phones made, the design is on it's last legs. The Maxx looks like a Phablet wrapped in a dirty sock. You know it, you are going through buyers remorse. Just take it back and get a real phone before your 15 days are up. That's what most Maxx owners are doing.

I already have an X also. No way the X gets 8 hours screen time with everything on. To tell the truth your way of discussing this makes you look like you aren't very secure in your decision. The are both nice phones but the X will never get close on battery life all things being equal.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I already have an X also. No way the X gets 8 hours screen time with everything on. To tell the truth your way of discussing this makes you look like you aren't very secure in your decision. The are both nice phones but the X will never get close on battery life all things being equal.

Had a maxx and returned it. Phablets are ridiculous unless its a nexus 5.

Posted via Android Central App

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Had a maxx and returned it. Phablets are ridiculous unless its a nexus 5.

I guess the s4 is a phablet also then. And I take it that you know the screen size of the unannounced Nexus 5 already. Whatever floats your boat dude. I'm just saying that the battery life of the X does not come close to the Maxx. The maxx weighs 1.3 ounces more at 5.89 ounces but is thinner. A brick weighs 6 pounds. Just fyi

anotherfiz

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I expect the X to get roughly 2/3s the batterylife on the maxx... 6ish hours on screen time makes sense for the X given what i've seen from the maxx (10+)

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I expect the X to get roughly 2/3s the batterylife on the maxx... 6ish hours on screen time makes sense for the X given what i've seen from the maxx (10+)

And that is 6 minimum for me so far. 6-8 hours in my first four charges. This week when I am in my office I will be only on LTE so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

anotherfiz

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
You do not use google now, correct? Thats the only way I was able to get HUGE hours out of droid maxx

EDIT - what i mean is, all services running (wifi/bt/gps/location), but no google now actively checking your commute ect. I found that was the biggest hog for me

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
You do not use google now, correct? Thats the only way I was able to get HUGE hours out of droid maxx

EDIT - what i mean is, all services running (wifi/bt/gps/location), but no google now actively checking your commute ect. I found that was the biggest hog for me

Everything running except bluetooth I use Google now plus all location services.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

The battery in the Maxx is 63% bigger. Seems to be about 50% more battery life if used exactly the same.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

Clearly the Maxx is not the phone for you. To make a sweeping generalization that most Maxx owners are returning their phones for the X pretty much invalidates everything else you have to say on the subject.

BTW.... enjoy your 16gb of storage. K?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non