Verizon Moto X radio

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So far I'm finding the 4G and 3G connections on the Moto X much stronger than on the Verizon Galaxy S3. On my morning commute I would often lose all connection or the connection would drop to 1x on the Samsung. It's been consistently 4G or 3G on this phone.

Thus is a welcomed surprise.

Posted via Android Central App and the Moto X

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm also finding that the radios are really good in the X. I've already noticed it hold onto and maintain a 4g signal in locations where my gnex struggled to even connect. I'm really interested in trying this or in some more rural areas to see how it holds up. The gnex was awful.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
motorola is known for better radio. so not a surprise to me.

And Samsungs are known for having poor radios. I currently own and GS3 and a RAZR and the RAZR always pulls down a better signal than the GS3. I'm going to ditch my GS3 for a Moto X once Motomaker comes to Verizon.

randomdude

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
And Samsungs are known for having poor radios. I currently own and GS3 and a RAZR and the RAZR always pulls down a better signal than the GS3. I'm going to ditch my GS3 for a Moto X once Motomaker comes to Verizon.

Do we know when moto maker for Verizon is supposed to come out?

Posted via Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Even before much info came out about the X, I decided to wait on it instead of jumping on the S4 simply because of the reputation of Motorola having strong radios. And I agree with the previous posts. I, too, had a Gnex and now get very solid 4G signal where before I couldn't get any data signal at all.

mercado79

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola phones also have much higher SAR ratings than most other phones. If that at all concerns anyone. I wonder if that's the reason the the stronger reception.

Sent from my Moto X

Maria Esponoza

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey Regelian! The S3 had the Samsung chipset, which was no bueno. The XPhone uses the Qualcom, which is moy bueno. The S3 has all sorts of crazy things like poopy sound quality, etc. :( Glad u like your new X Phone! Im thinking about getting on too!

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting great signal strength and also call quality on the X. Probably the best call quality I've had and on any phone, iPhone or Android, and the iPhone 5 call quality is damn good but not as loud.