Loose Volume Buttons?

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Sprint Moto X yesterday. Has been fun to play with and a nice upgrade from a NS4G, but on to my concern. My power button is nice and firm. However, the volume buttons are loose to the touch and make a tapping/click sound if you barely touch them since there is a little wiggle room in there. I just want to make sure this is somewhat normal. There isn't a close store with a display model I can go look at easily.

I'm guessing it's in the design, since the power and volume buttons are made to be customizable on the Moto X site (only for ATT atm) and therefor interchangeable for different colors. I'm just being uber picky since an upgrade only comes around about every two years..

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Mine is tight. Return it at least I would. My other one I had made rattle noise when it vibrated. Not this one.

Posted via Android Central App

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Sprint Moto X yesterday. Has been fun to play with and a nice upgrade from a NS4G, but on to my concern. My power button is nice and firm. However, the volume buttons are loose to the touch and make a tapping/click sound if you barely touch them since there is a little wiggle room in there. I just want to make sure this is somewhat normal. There isn't a close store with a display model I can go look at easily.

I'm guessing it's in the design, since the power and volume buttons are made to be customizable on the Moto X site (only for ATT atm) and therefor interchangeable for different colors. I'm just being uber picky since an upgrade only comes around about every two years..

Mine are both tight. I would return it for another one.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I almost feel like some of these build quirks are the factory employees settling in how to do things. They need to have a tougher quality control on what leaves the building but I guess that's hard when 100k a week go out.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine are loose. Power and volume buttons both make a tapping/ clicky sound. Tomorrow is the end of my 14 day window. I have been debating if it is enough of a problem to send it back.

Posted via Moto Galaxy X Nexus One 7s (2013)

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine are loose. Power and volume buttons both make a tapping/ clicky sound. Tomorrow is the end of my 14 day window. I have been debating if it is enough of a problem to send it back.

Posted via Moto Galaxy X Nexus One 7s (2013)

Of its like that now.. Think how it will be in 6 months

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38