Just got my Sprint Moto X yesterday. Has been fun to play with and a nice upgrade from a NS4G, but on to my concern. My power button is nice and firm. However, the volume buttons are loose to the touch and make a tapping/click sound if you barely touch them since there is a little wiggle room in there. I just want to make sure this is somewhat normal. There isn't a close store with a display model I can go look at easily.

I'm guessing it's in the design, since the power and volume buttons are made to be customizable on the Moto X site (only for ATT atm) and therefor interchangeable for different colors. I'm just being uber picky since an upgrade only comes around about every two years..
    09-12-2013 09:31 AM
    Nope. Mine is tight. Return it at least I would. My other one I had made rattle noise when it vibrated. Not this one.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-12-2013 09:46 AM
    Just got my Sprint Moto X yesterday. Has been fun to play with and a nice upgrade from a NS4G, but on to my concern. My power button is nice and firm. However, the volume buttons are loose to the touch and make a tapping/click sound if you barely touch them since there is a little wiggle room in there. I just want to make sure this is somewhat normal. There isn't a close store with a display model I can go look at easily.

I'm guessing it's in the design, since the power and volume buttons are made to be customizable on the Moto X site (only for ATT atm) and therefor interchangeable for different colors. I'm just being uber picky since an upgrade only comes around about every two years..
    Mine are both tight. I would return it for another one.

09-12-2013 09:50 AM
    I almost feel like some of these build quirks are the factory employees settling in how to do things. They need to have a tougher quality control on what leaves the building but I guess that's hard when 100k a week go out.

09-12-2013 09:54 AM
    Hmm, well if you guys don't have that then I will see about an exchange.

Thanks for the heads up.
    09-12-2013 12:38 PM
    Mine are loose. Power and volume buttons both make a tapping/ clicky sound. Tomorrow is the end of my 14 day window. I have been debating if it is enough of a problem to send it back.

Posted via Moto Galaxy X Nexus One 7s (2013)
    09-12-2013 02:50 PM
    Mine are loose. Power and volume buttons both make a tapping/ clicky sound. Tomorrow is the end of my 14 day window. I have been debating if it is enough of a problem to send it back.

Of its like that now.. Think how it will be in 6 months

09-12-2013 02:58 PM
    Of its like that now.. Think how it will be in 6 months

OK OK. I just ordered a new one. Thanks for the push.

09-12-2013 06:40 PM
    I got mine replaced at the store. New one is fine.
    09-14-2013 11:10 AM