Apps won't update over wifi

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Had my Moto X for a week now. Love it except one thing. I have been unable to download or update any apps while connected to wifi. Everything I have had been done via cell network only. Please help I have tried to find a setting somewhere that is blocking it but have nothing so far.

Posted via Android Central App

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried doing a factory reset? I've done a couple of factory resets now, don't ask me why, I just like doing stuff like that, but once I had the app store load and not give me the option to update my apps. After I did a factory reset the menu went back to normal. I know there is a setting that says update apps over wifi only, but none that I know of that would do the opposite and not allow you to update over wifi.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I would really like to avoid doing a reset if I can. Especially since of it doesn't work I will be stuck without my apps again until I get to a better area.

Posted via Android Central App

JDub313

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you are trying at home or at work. I had this problem years ago and it turned out the firewall at my office was blocking the play store. I don't remember the specifics, but take a look and see if your router/firewall is causing the issue.

The70th

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I had this same problem recently, and apparently it's a problem with Ipv6 settings. I downloaded DNSet, and app that bypasses the Ipv6 settings on my phone, and everything works perfectly now!