Hello Moto X, goodbye iPhone

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
None of his friends will likely be using hangouts. They are all using iphones. I'm not too familiar with how iphones send group texts and MMS though. Will he have problems now before the update to kit kat?

Hangouts will be used as another sms/mms client. Incoming text messages don't need to originate from hangouts but hangouts can be used to receive messages.

Sent from my Nexus 7

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
As an SMS/MMS client, Hangouts seems confusing. Does someone need to be using Hangouts in order for you to send them a text through Hangouts? I think a regular texting app like the stock one or Handcent, GoSMS Pro is much simpler if used for just texting. Will the stock texting app or Handcent, Go SMS work properly with iphone group texting?

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what iOS 7 did to make people think of android. I have had several co workers ask about the moto x and they all say iOS 7 is the reason. I dismissed it as a coincidences until my daughter told me she did not want to get the iPhone 5s and want to check out moto x....wow!

Sent from my Nexus 7

I gave my son and daughter a smartphone last year. Basically any phone they want. Neither wanted the iphone. (daughter got note 2, son the DNA)
They said it is boring. I think maybe because they have had ios on their ipods and such for so many years they are tired of it? Or maybe the samsung commercials?

I do not know, I figured iphones would be a hot item for a teen, but apparently not my teens.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
A friend had the drain issue. Factory reset fixed the issue. They can go all day with like 4hrs screen time and still have 50% battery at the end of the day.

Posted via Android Central App

The iPhones "usage time" is not the same as screen on time at all. It counts usage time as anytime the phone is doing anything in the background too if the screen is on or not

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The iPhones "usage time" is not the same as screen on time at all. It counts usage time as anytime the phone is doing anything in the background too if the screen is on or not

Well this opens up a can of worms.. How does one tell actual st then? I was wondering how they did so well with such a small battery.

Posted via Android Central App

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
You can't really directly compare them. I have an X and an iPhone 5s and they are similar in battery life. It's seems easier to keep the iPhone full because it charges a little faster with the small battery

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the X and have the 5s now. The camera on the X was I killing factor for me. I could not get a good photo from it. It had good form factor and as a data device was good. I moved from android to iOS as I got bored customizing my phones, I'd spend hours doing it and it was no fun anymore plus was wasting time I could have been doing other things. My son has an android and is happy , except for a few months last year iv always had android and would not hesitate to go back if I could get the camera and battery life I have now.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Virgin Mobile using Tapatalk - now Free

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I am still having issues with imessage, my friends and family are mostly on ios and I get the first message in a group message, but then no other messages or replies after that. We don't text that much, but it is an annoying issue that I hope will be solved by the updated hangouts.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I am still having issues with imessage, my friends and family are mostly on ios and I get the first message in a group message, but then no other messages or replies after that. We don't text that much, but it is an annoying issue that I hope will be solved by the updated hangouts.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Nexus 5 and 4.4 System Dump

If you wanted to try the new hangouts go the the link above. I have tried it on my phone and it seems to work ok.