11-16-2013 07:40 AM
37 12
tools
    I ordered mine (coming from a Verizon GNex) on Monday evening, and it arrived yesterday. I used the Motorola Migration app, which transferred pictures, video, call and chat history from my old phone. I got royal blue/red accents/black front. I had a moment of second thoughts after ordering, worried the royal blue would be too intense, but it's beautiful and just perfect.

I disabled VZ Navigator and some NFL app it came with. What is Backup Assistant Plus? My contacts are in my Google account and showed up as soon as I signed in. Do I need Backup Assistant Plus or is that just bloat?

Posted via Android Central App
    If you don't intend to back up your contacts with Verizon, you can disable Backup Assistant. Since you are set up with Google you'll be good to go.
    11-15-2013 08:23 AM
    If you don't intend to back up your contacts with Verizon, you can disable Backup Assistant. Since you are set up with Google you'll be good to go.
    Just checked and I don't have the ability to disable backup assistant.

11-15-2013 09:51 AM
    Same here. I did a Force Stop on it, and cleared the data, but cannot disable it entirely. In the "Setup Wizard" I have Sync Contacts turned off. But it doesn't let you just disable the Backup Assistant app.
    11-15-2013 12:55 PM
    Just checked and I don't have the ability to disable backup assistant.

I thought I had, but apparently not. Sorry.
    11-15-2013 01:19 PM
    I disabled VZ Navigator and some NFL app it came with. What is Backup Assistant Plus?
    That is Verizon bloat.
    11-15-2013 05:14 PM
    I thought I had, but apparently not. Sorry.
    Fascinating. I thought I got rid of it, too, but notice it is locked in as well. WTH?
    11-15-2013 05:16 PM
    I ordered mine (coming from a Verizon GNex) on Monday evening, and it arrived yesterday. I used the Motorola Migration app, which transferred pictures, video, call and chat history from my old phone. I got royal blue/red accents/black front. I had a moment of second thoughts after ordering, worried the royal blue would be too intense, but it's beautiful and just perfect.

I disabled VZ Navigator and some NFL app it came with. What is Backup Assistant Plus? My contacts are in my Google account and showed up as soon as I signed in. Do I need Backup Assistant Plus or is that just bloat?

that's exactly the same colors i got! it looks amazing!
    readhpr and jephanie like this.
    11-15-2013 05:20 PM
    Fascinating. I thought I got rid of it, too, but notice it is locked in as well. WTH?
    I'm not sure if I'll bother to try and figure it out... you can seemingly disable it from the icon in the app drawer, but then there are still two listings under settings > apps that continue to run.
    11-15-2013 05:36 PM
    That's Michigan for you. Not enough cell towers. Seriously. But hopeful that isn't going to keep me from getting a day's worth of battery life on my X. That would be really, really unfortunate. At the office here, I usually hover between -95 dBm and -105 dBm, likewise at home.

Anyways, I'm at 76% right now with 5.5 hours on battery. That seems a little better, though that's only with 35 minutes of screen-on. I did stream di.FM music from Flint to Lansing this morning though, about a 40-mile drive. Once again, I didn't lose 4G at all, including into East Lansing, which was VERY surprising to me, since it was like a patchwork quilt in there before with the GNex. I am SO very impressed by these radios.

Battery Screenshots:
    http://i.imgur.com/OaUqgbp.png
    http://i.imgur.com/FvczRny.png
    http://i.imgur.com/5CYj7yg.png
    How has your battery life been over the last few days? Have you seen any improvement?
    11-15-2013 07:03 PM
    Man, I got my stealth X today. I went with all black everything and I'm kind of wishing I got the blue or orange like some of you guys got. How easy is it to return it and get a different color combo?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    11-15-2013 11:42 PM
    Active Notifications is set to show up on your screen about every minute or so. I don't think it has to go with the vibrations from the typing on your laptop going through legs.
    11-16-2013 12:49 AM
    How has your battery life been over the last few days? Have you seen any improvement?
    Well, I settled into normal use during the workday. I finished my 9.5 hour workday with 72% battery life left. This was with about an hour of screen-on time. That's still pretty good as far as I'm concerned, though it is definitely lower than others have gotten in terms of screen-on time.

Last night was bar night. From 4:45 PM until 3:30 AM with again about an hour of screen-on time, my battery dropped to around 75%. So, I'm quite happy with the phone. I was afraid my Moto X wasn't going to make it in time for last night, and I was going to have to endure my Galaxy Nexus' battery life. Thank God that was not the case.

Active Notifications is set to show up on your screen about every minute or so. I don't think it has to go with the vibrations from the typing on your laptop going through legs.
    When this was happening, I did not have any notifications. The vibrations from my typing were making just the clock and the lock icon show up.
    11-16-2013 07:40 AM
37 12