Help - New Moto X wont Turn On

aaf7711

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I got my moto x friday night, Saturday and Sunday the battery was great, everything working great...

This morning after waking up I charged it to 100% and took it off the charger at 11 am and surprisingly, having hardly used my phone compared to Sat. and Sun., @ 7pm i was at 20% with 2:45 mins screen time in 8 hours. So on my way to the gym i decided to charge my phone for 15/20 minutes with a car charger. When i got in the gym i noticed it had not charged much (prob. not at all) and then it progress to drop very quickly so at the 4% left battery Warning I decided to turn it off. On my way home it would not charge or turn on in the car, and now i have been home for over 2 hours with it plugged in.... and nothing, it wont turn on or showing any signs of life.

This morning and every time I have charged it I used the moto charger (the one exception being that I used a brand new bestbuy usb charger in the car today)

Does anyone have advice?

Side note, this is my 3rd week with a moto x, I swapped my first one after 2 weeks bc of continued sub par battery. (Based off of user results on Android central and xda). That phone was working great otherwise. And my first weekend with this new phone was pretty darn good, i was getting almost an hour better SOT already out of the box. I was very happy until this. And bc of the the micro-sim its not like I can swap it out and use my Atrix 2 tmrw at work.

Thanks for any help guys!

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got my moto x friday night, Saturday and Sunday the battery was great, everything working great...

This morning after waking up I charged it to 100% and took it off the charger at 11 am and surprisingly, having hardly used my phone compared to Sat. and Sun., @ 7pm i was at 20% with 2:45 mins screen time in 8 hours. So on my way to the gym i decided to charge my phone for 15/20 minutes with a car charger. When i got in the gym i noticed it had not charged much (prob. not at all) and then it progress to drop very quickly so at the 4% left battery Warning I decided to turn it off. On my way home it would not charge or turn on in the car, and now i have been home for over 2 hours with it plugged in.... and nothing, it wont turn on or showing any signs of life.

This morning and every time I have charged it I used the moto charger (the one exception being that I used a brand new bestbuy usb charger in the car today)

Does anyone have advice?

Side note, this is my 3rd week with a moto x, I swapped my first one after 2 weeks bc of continued sub par battery. (Based off of user results on Android central and xda). That phone was working great otherwise. And my first weekend with this new phone was pretty darn good, i was getting almost an hour better SOT already out of the box. I was very happy until this. And bc of the the micro-sim its not like I can swap it out and use my Atrix 2 tmrw at work.

Thanks for any help guys!

Posted via Android Central App

Welcome to the forums.
Sorry to hear about your trouble.
I would allow it to charge for another couple of hours. If you still have nothing, see what your carrier can do.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I just had a similar issue. My wife's Moto X battery died, and it would not take a charge or come back on. I tried different wall chargers and different cables and even left it plugged in over night. None of that worked. Finally we plugged it into our laptop and it started charging.

To me this seems like a bug in Motorola's battery protection system.