Moto X cyber monday sale

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Also, one big thing everyone is missing is that, even though it was a headache, the end result is that Motorola is DOUBLING the supply of handsets available. I'd say that's a win in the long run.
It's only a win if the customer's time is of no value. My time is very valuable to me and to my clients who pay for it.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
No, I'm not. Moto tech support was very communicative about the issues they were having. They were solely with motomaker, and only with motomaker once they got the Motorola site back online.
Why did it take almost 3 hours after the announced sale start time for the dev edition's price to change then?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
True, but if you had a design and credit card already saved in their system (as Motorola suggested) and were up at 8am CST your odds would have been very good if their site had worked even halfway decent or had they at a minimum updated the price. Many people modified their schedules today around this deal, not very professional of them to tell their customers to do it again.

And I repeat: there was no guarantee that everyone who wanted to take advantage of the promotion would be able to do so.

Even after having done all that, it's completely possible that you wouldn't have gotten a phone.

They're repeating this promotion not once, but twice. If your priorities are such that you will modify your schedule around the ability to buy a phone at a discount, then you should be glad they're giving you two more opportunities to do so. That's better notice than you had for the original deal, which they didn't even have to offer at all in the first place.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's only a win if the customer's time is of no value. My time is very valuable to me and to my clients who pay for it.

Let me guess, you were one of the people berating moto's twitter staff today? Get a life dude. Its a phone. If your time is that valuable to you you should have just bought the phone at full price.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Let me guess, you were one of the people berating moto's twitter staff today? Get a life dude. Its a phone.
Not on any social media, dude. And I am a dudette, not a dude.

If your time is that valuable to you you should have just bought the phone at full price.
Got a dev ed within minutes of the sale price going live, albeit that was almost 3 hours after the announced sale start time. Do you work for motorola?

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Exactly. It's one thing if people tried their luck and they sold out before they got their order in. But when people get up early, change their schedules around, and waste hours trying again because Motorola keeps saying "it will be fixed soon" only to be told thanks for wasting your time, please possibly waste more of your time again in a few days - that is not a professional response in my opinion.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
And I repeat: there was no guarantee that everyone who wanted to take advantage of the promotion would be able to do so.

Even after having done all that, it's completely possible that you wouldn't have gotten a phone.
And you would have known that within minutes and moved on with your life. Instead of spending hours being told the site would be up and working "soon".

That's better notice than you had for the original deal, which they didn't even have to offer at all in the first place.
No retailer or manufacturer has to offer a deal. But yet, they ALL do, even Apple. Why? To generate volume sales and customer loyalty. Today accomplished neither for motorola and worse, alienated potential customers.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
And you would have known that within minutes and moved on with your life. Instead of spending hours being told the site would be up and working "soon".

Right. And I did mention "priorities" earlier, as I do question the priorities of people who rearrange their schedules and spend hours and hours constantly refreshing to see if the sale has gone live and then complain about their time being wasted. As someone else said, if your time is so valuable, then just buy it at full retail.

No retailer or manufacturer has to offer a deal. But yet, they ALL do, even Apple. Why? To generate volume sales and customer loyalty. Today accomplished neither for motorola and worse, alienated potential customers.

Okay. Move on with your life, then.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

They're repeating this promotion not once, but twice. If your priorities are such that you will modify your schedule around the ability to buy a phone at a discount, then you should be glad they're giving you two more opportunities to do so. That's better notice than you had for the original deal, which they didn't even have to offer at all in the first place.

We will have to agree to disagree. My time is very valuable and them saying for me to "try again" on another day is not an appropriate or professional response in my opinion. Me modifying my schedule once after a holiday weekend is much better than modifying it multiple times. Again, I would have zero complaints if they simply sold out but that's not what happened.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Not the same thing, what if people are unavailable those days/times? Even if they are, they have to waste more of their time to try again with no guarantee.

They are still honoring the prices at a late date. They didn't take anybody's schedule into consideration today. Why do it later?

Posted via Android Central App

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Right. And I did mention "priorities" earlier, as I do question the priorities of people who rearrange their schedules and spend hours and hours constantly refreshing to see if the sale has gone live and then complain about their time being wasted. As someone else said, if your time is so valuable, then just buy it at full retail.
I am sure anyone who tried to participate in today's promotion will not be paying full retail for a moto x. That is the problem for moto - they alienated otherwise enthusiastic potential customers.

Again - I got a dev ed within minutes of the sale price going live. I wasted 3 hours, though until that happened. I didn't know it was going to be 3 hours otherwise I would have not bothered. I kept being told "soon" so I kept thinking it would be minutes and not hours, so I kept checking. In retrospect the 3 hours wasn't worth $150 to me so never again. Also, I won't be as excited to receive my phone as I would have been. That is a lose for motorola - a company trying to regain customer loyalty.

Okay. Move on with your life, then.
I will but with my discounted dev ed. Others will be moving on empty handed and not looking at motorola phones in the future.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know who in their right mind would squander an entire day to save a measly 150 bucks, as after a few fails I would be like *my time is way more important* than to sit and spin *all* day. That is on you lol.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know who in their right mind would squander an entire day to save a measly 150 bucks, as after a few fails I would be like *my time is way more important* than to sit and spin *all* day. That is on you lol.
I doubt people sat at their computers doing nothing else. Many of us were at work. It is just that for me I could have been more productive today if I hadn't bothered with the sale.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo