Moto X cyber monday sale

MexPride

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So I went with the GSM DE rather than a custom T-Mo. Is there any difference between the two besides the unlockable bootloader on the DE?

The DE should work just the same as a "T-Mo" version, correct? Same radios/internals?

I believe there isn't.. I think

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I understand glitches and high traffic but over 7 hours with no news other than 'soon'? This is getting to be dumb. Does it really take over 7 hours? Are they actually going to have the sale?

asianguy80

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks like my cart just got unloaded as well...after refreshing for 7 hours...

edit: At least I have my design e-mailed to me so it will be a one click process.

Last edited:

Stadifer

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Motorola Support ‏@MotorolaSupport 1h
@joenm84 @edan_shekar We're still working to get Moto Maker up today if possible.

Ha, so they aren't even sure that they will get the thing working before the end of the day? I don't get how this was so hard to change the pricing on the website and deal with the initial bump in traffic. How woefully unprepared Motorola was for today.

MexPride

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Motorola Support ‏@MotorolaSupport 1h
@joenm84 @edan_shekar We're still working to get Moto Maker up today if possible.

Today????? Does that mean it could actually last more than a day??? For ****s sake they're supposed to be one of the worlds high-end cell phone manufactures but they can't get their site up in less than 24 hours????

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Today????? Does that mean it could actually last more than a day??? For ****s sake they're supposed to be one of the worlds high-end cell phone manufactures but they can't get their site up in less than 24 hours????

Ha, so they aren't even sure that they will get the thing working before the end of the day? I don't get how this was so hard to change the pricing on the website and deal with the initial bump in traffic. How woefully unprepared Motorola was for today.

tech sites are going to have a hay day with this. I'm surprised they haven't been already. Cnet loves anything Android that doesn't go right.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Maybe they are calling Google for support

Posted via Android Central App

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
if possible?

Maybe they are calling Google for support

Posted via Android Central App

perhaps cyber monday the 9th?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is that they better not open it up just after I start my evening commute and I miss out as a result. That will really hack me off.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
@KD8QDC 23m
@MotorolaSupport anything on moto maker yet? over 7 hours now
Expand Reply Delete Favorite More
Motorola Support ‏@MotorolaSupport 15m
@KD8QDC We're still at it here.
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand
‏@KD8QDC 14m
@MotorolaSupport @Motorola anytime frame at all? please? ive been mashing f5 for over 7 hours now. will it even be today?
Expand Reply Delete Favorite More
Motorola Support ‏@MotorolaSupport 18s
@KD8QDC @Motorola That is our goal, yes.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
This feels like the waiting I did for Verizon's Galaxy Nexus 2 years ago, only that was waiting for a release date for weeks. This is all that rolled up into 1 day so far.
And btw, that tweet they posted about them trying to get it fixed today if possible, that was to me. :-$