Moto X cyber monday sale

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
What does yours say? Mine said shipping info received from Friday until Monday. Then at Monday it was scanned in by FedEx as picked up and then scanned out as left origin facility in Fort Worth. But does that mean that it has left Fort Worth?

No, as I understand it, 'origin facility' means the first FedEx location after Motorola.

Tell you what ... in case this helps anyone else out ... it appears that FedEx either 1) is not scanning backlogged packages when they leave Dallas Ft. Worth, or 2) does not tell us when the package departs DFW.

I suddenly found out my package is in my city. There was no scan telling me it had departed DFW.

fedex-tracking.JPG

Last edited:

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
When does the 14 day trial start with Motorola? If I'm reading correctly on their site, it says 14 days from shipping item out. If it takes them nearly a week to get to the phone to you, you only have as little as 7 days to like it or return it. Anyone have any insight to their return policy?

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
When does the 14 day trial start with Motorola? If I'm reading correctly on their site, it says 14 days from shipping item out. If it takes them nearly a week to get to the phone to you, you only have as little as 7 days to like it or return it. Anyone have any insight to their return policy?
you can chat with them or call and see what they say. In fact, I will do it later today and anyone else who does it, please post what you are told so that we can all have some insight into this.

I will chat so that I can take a screen shot of what they say.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Don't know how that's possible when it still hasn't shipped even though I live in Louisiana. Guess I'll be staring at the T-Mo sim card another couple days. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeehah! Color me surprised. Woke up this morning and saw email from Moto that my Motomaker Moto X had left the building. Checked Fedex tracking and here's what I'm seeing:

View attachment 96063

I placed my order late last Wednesday 12/4, so practically 12/5. Unless Fedex fails today, Moto will meet their original ETA of 12/10 (5 days). Impressive indeed all things considered!

Update: Mine was delivered at 10:18 this morning, so Moto met their original 12/10 delivery estimate. Mine probably had less chance of getting delayed since I'm local and it didn't need to get on an airplane. Left the Moto plant last night, went to Dallas, then Ft. Worth, then delivered. Roads and airports are getting back to normal here in DFW so all your phones should be delivered shortly. I'm guessing that people that are seeing longer delays could be those that had their phones shipped out from the plant sometime between Thursday 12/5 and Sunday12/8 and ended up in a FEDEX truck stuck on a highway somewhere. Saw several of those on the evening news broadcasts since last Thursday when the freezing rain started. Keep the faith!

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine was delivered today. Ordered 12/4 in the afternoon. Shipped and picked up by FedEx 12/5. Original Motorola date was 12/9. Original FedEx date was 12/6.
Now I count the minutes until I can leave work, go to Verizon to get a nano SIM, and get home to my Christmas present to myself :)

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I believe unlike the GSM models, the Verizon models come with a nano SIM. At least the DE's do, but I don't see why the moto maker ones wouldn't also.

When I asked Motorola in a chat they said off contract ones don't include the SIM card. I'll ask again, though. Can anyone confirm one way or the other? (Verizon off contract only)

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
When I asked Motorola in a chat they said off contract ones don't include the SIM card. I'll ask again, though. Can anyone confirm one way or the other? (off contract only)

Mine is an off-contract Motomaker 32gb on Verizon and I just popped the tray out and there is a nano SIM inside the phone. I'm going to take it down to the local VZW store tonight and let them activate it. I want to make sure I keep my unlimited data.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine is an off-contract Motomaker 32gb on Verizon and I just popped the tray out and there is a nano SIM inside the phone. I'm going to take it down to the local VZW store tonight and let them activate it. I want to make sure I keep my unlimited data.

Sweet. Guess I'll take my chances and skip Verizon. Is it difficult to activate a new SIM card at home on the phone or internet?

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Sweet. Guess I'll take my chances and skip Verizon. Is it difficult to activate a new SIM card at home on the phone or internet?

I ordered a T-Mo sim. They sent an email linked to an activation site. Says 3 easy steps. Haven't checked it out yet since I don't have the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Easy as pie. Log into your account, go to myverizon and click on activate or switch device. you will be activating a device that has not been on yor account before. just follow the instructions.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I just chatted with moto. Return period begins 14 days from date it was picked up by FedEx from their factory. So on the date it says left FedEx origin facility.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I just chatted with moto. Return period begins 14 days from date it was picked up by FedEx from their factory. So on the date it says left FedEx origin facility.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

So basically 5 days of my return period are gone before I get it, and worse yet for some other people I'm sure. I wonder if they would make exceptions because of the weather delays.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just chatted with Moto. I was told they are at least 2 days behind because of large order volume. Service rep said she would put in an order to expedite my phone but that was probably the same child psychology I use on my kids lol

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Just chatted with Moto. I was told they are at least 2 days behind because of large order volume. Service rep said she would put in an order to expedite my phone but that was probably the same child psychology I use on my kids lol
got the same bs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87