What screen protector are you using?

qwert3y

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
The Power Support non-glare screen protectors I ordered (from Motorola) arrived today (well, I went to FedEx to pick them up rather than wait for Monday delivery). I have to say that these are the best screen protectors I've ever used - as close to smooth-as-glass as I can imagine, perfect fit, and easily applied with no bubbles or dust. I was a little worried when I saw that they didn't have a layer to be removed on BOTH sides of the film, but it worked out very well in the end.

How case friendly are the Power Support screen protectors? I'm looking to buy a TPU case when I get my Moto X, but since they normally cover the front a bit more than other cases, I'm concerned that the screen protector and case won't work together well.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im currently using the Clear one from Vzw.It's been on for over 3 months , just a few scratches not enough to bother me yet.

hausjam

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
The Power Support non-glare screen protectors I ordered (from Motorola) arrived today (well, I went to FedEx to pick them up rather than wait for Monday delivery). I have to say that these are the best screen protectors I've ever used - as close to smooth-as-glass as I can imagine, perfect fit, and easily applied with no bubbles or dust. I was a little worried when I saw that they didn't have a layer to be removed on BOTH sides of the film, but it worked out very well in the end.

How do they work? Do they make bright areas of the screen grainy?

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
How case friendly are the Power Support screen protectors? I'm looking to buy a TPU case when I get my Moto X, but since they normally cover the front a bit more than other cases, I'm concerned that the screen protector and case won't work together well.

I'm using it with a Seidio Dilex case, which has minimal wrap around to the front of the phone, and it doesn't interfere at all. Due to my placement of the screen protector, one side lines up exactly with the edge of the silicone from the case, and the other side has about 1/16" gap between the silicone and the screen protector. According to my digital caliper, the screen protector is 59.16mm wide.

How do they work? Do they make bright areas of the screen grainy?

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

No graininess at all as far as I can see.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the scratch resistant ones from Verizon. They install really well and feel great, but I managed to scratch the first one pretty bad in just a few days. The second one is holding up better so far.

Posted via Android Central App

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the natural plant-based cotton pocket in my jeans.

Seriously though, I have the Moto protection plan and I only put my X in my left jeans pocket - nothing else ever goes there.

Of course I hate cases too - hence the protection plan.

I agree. NO cases or screen protectors here. Kind of ruins the experience to be honest

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I use Tech Armor screen protectors on a number of devices and they have worked well.

They go for 6-7 bucks for a pack of 3 and have a lifetime replacement warranty which they stand by. I emailed their support to let then know I botched an install and they sent out a new pack of 3.

They're crystal clear and don't have any noticeable effect on touchscreen responsiveness.

The only negative issues are:
- Edges/corners lifted away on my S3 due to the curved glass. I haven't seen this yet on my MX.
- Slight oil slick look when viewed at an angle. This isn't visible when using the phone normally.
- Not a perfect edge-to-edge fit like I see on my Nexus 7

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

My Power Support Brilliant (clear) screen protector does not cause any problems or vice versa with my TPU S-line case by Cimo.

I agree with Uncle Mike that the Power Support protectors are easy to apply and really feel like the glass surface s much as any I've used for any device.

Sent from my Moto X

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
i had the power support shock absorbing screen protector. it had issues with tpu cases, loss of sensitivity, and also got really scratched up quickly. since then i've installed the power support brilliant screen protector and have had none of the above mentioned issues.

opuntia2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
i had the power support shock absorbing screen protector. it had issues with tpu cases, loss of sensitivity, and also got really scratched up quickly. since then i've installed the power support brilliant screen protector and have had none of the above mentioned issues.

I also have the power support brilliant screen protector and they're great. Super smooth, you don't notice that they're on at all.

I emailed power support to ask about the different between the brilliant and the shock absorbing. They stated that the shock absorbing have a gel layer which makes them thicker and softer feeling. In addition, they also admitted that the touch sensitivity around the edges isn't as good as the regular brilliant. I guess that's the trade off for having a screen protector with the shock absorbing protection.

hodie63

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Ghost Armor is probably the best I've ever tried. I don't have one now, though, because there's no installation kiosk near me and I don't want to install it myself.

I had mine installed on my razr-m, but since it is a 2 hour drive to the nearest kiosk i decided to do it myself. it turned out perfect. it is very easy to install and being a wet application it is easy to position. of course that's my $.02 worth.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I've never used screen protectors before and have never had a problem. I noticed yesterday that my screen is scratched. I've never dropped it. It goes from my pocket to a table to my dashboard mount.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I've never used screen protectors before and have never had a problem. I noticed yesterday that my screen is scratched. I've never dropped it. It goes from my pocket to a table to my dashboard mount.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I never use them either. People who say their phones never scratch without one aren't looking close enough. All my phones have tiny scratches.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I refuse to use a screen protector. I hate how most of them feel and with how scratch resistant the glass cell manufacturers use is now, they really aren't needed. The worst you're going to get is hairline scratches that you can't even see if the screen is on.

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have been using this since I started using my Moto X. No problems. I prefer cleaning my fingerprints and not worrying about scratches off protection. I can always remove the screen protector. Uses wet application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non