What Screen Protectors Are You Ordering?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't dim the screen at all, and it also isn't really anti-glare in my opinion lol.

I'm also not sure if there's any point using it, given how scratch resistant the phone screen already as and that a plastics green protector offers no breakage protection, it seems kind of pointless.
I haven't even looked at the included Samsung screen protector yet, didn't even know it was plastic. I assume that the plastic screen protector will be scratching for sure.

I've seen year after year Samsung claiming the glass is super scratch resistant and yet easily scratched.. My guess this screen will scratch also, which it's glass, I suppose never scratching is impossible.

Reactions: MarVaRa and kide#WN

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't even looked at the included Samsung screen protector yet, didn't even know it was plastic. I assume that the plastic screen protector will be scratching for sure.

I've seen year after year Samsung claiming the glass is super scratch resistant and yet easily scratched.. My guess this screen will scratch also, which it's glass, I suppose never scratching is impossible.
I don't believe Samsung either, they say the same thing every year. But the test videos on youtube so far have confirmed that the screen is incredibly scratch resistant. given the properties shown in the videos, I don't think it's glass at all but some kind of saphire crystal... I don't have a gem tester though. .

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe Samsung either, they say the same thing every year. But the test videos on youtube so far have confirmed that the screen is incredibly scratch resistant. given the properties shown in the videos, I don't think it's glass at all but some kind of saphire crystal... I don't have a gem tester though. .
I haven't watched any of those yet. I don't know about you, I cringe every time they try to scratch the screens.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't watched any of those yet. I don't know about you, I cringe every time they try to scratch the screens.
I do, but I also love it! Satisfies both my curiosity and the little chaos demon that lives inside me.

Usually these phones scratch at a 6 on the mohs scale, and get gouged at a 7. The S24U scratches at a 8 and gouges at a 9. For reference, sand (silica), which is traditionally the sworn enemy of phone displays has a mohs hardness of 7 and you can apparently grind it into the display all day long with seemingly no damage.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I think this is part of the reason for the price increase on the S24U. Gorilla Glass is $$$$$$$ and this latest version "finally" appears to actually do what it is supposed to do.... be scratch resistant, and relatively shatter proof! All the previous versions from 5 up were basically the same according to those who make a living abusing these phones on YouTube!

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
So happy they went to a completely flat screen, so I can go back to ordering regular tempered glass screen protectors in bulk from Amazon for whatever brand is giving me the most amount for less than $10. Curved displays always went paying through the nose, complicated gluing processes or having to deal with cheap protectors with the thumb cutout that would never stay on.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I went with Wsken.

Installation was a quick breeze using their "contraption". The anti-glare is pretty much gone. After doing the fingerprints again and turning on touch sensitivity, I would say the reader is operating at approx 90/95% of the bare screen.

I will report back if I rip it off for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: theDrSky125

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Installed an AmFam glass protector two days ago. My fingerprint rate went from a out 95% to about 70%. But, yesterday it seemed to crater. At first I thought it was because my fingers either too wet or too dry, but no matter what I do I'm probably only getting a out 5% recognition. I just ripped the glass off the screen and I'm back at out 95%.

I may get a film screen or just leave it naked, I'm just not sure yet.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Installed an AmFam glass protector two days ago. My fingerprint rate went from a out 95% to about 70%. But, yesterday it seemed to crater. At first I thought it was because my fingers either too wet or too dry, but no matter what I do I'm probably only getting a out 5% recognition. I just ripped the glass off the screen and I'm back at out 95%.

I may get a film screen or just leave it naked, I'm just not sure yet.
Interesting on AmFilm and the fingerprint reader. The company has outstanding customer service. Just couldn't get the glass screen protectors to work long-term on my S23 Ultra so I went back to Whitestone Dome.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I got amFilm for S24U. The first protector was defective, had a small piece of fiber attached to the glass and it was a factory fault. They already shipped me a replacement pack. Good customer service.
The second protector was installed without any problem, quick and no bubbles. Had no problem with registering fingerprints. But using the fingerprint sensor with dry hands can be challenging.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the Samsung but I'm not sure how long I'll keep it on. I used the S23 without one until I saw the first minor scratch, which I still think was just the oleophobic coating.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I got amFilm for S24U. The first protector was defective, had a small piece of fiber attached to the glass and it was a factory fault. They already shipped me a replacement pack. Good customer service.
The second protector was installed without any problem, quick and no bubbles. Had no problem with registering fingerprints. But using the fingerprint sensor with dry hands can be challenging.
Good to hear on them shipping you out a protector at no cost. They have excellent customer service. I had one of my two Whitestone Dome screen protectors come defective with a bubble already showing in the plastic wrap. They made me pay another $9.99 for a warranty replacement. 😡

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I installed amFilm on s24 plus. Works like a charm. Installation kit included a sticker the size of phone screen. It was super easy to install. Also has privacy protection. Increase screen sensitivity and re-did fingerprints, and it works perfectly.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I installed amFilm on s24 plus. Works like a charm. Installation kit included a sticker the size of phone screen. It was super easy to install. Also has privacy protection. Increase screen sensitivity and re-did fingerprints, and it works perfectly.
Is it a glass protector? I hear people talk about that brand alot .

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Not only am I not ordering one, I'm probably going to throw the free Samsung one that came with the phone in the garbage.

theDrSky125

Jan 27, 2024
Visit site
I installed the WSKEN and I'm very happy with it. The installation with the mounting tray was a breeze. The protector was fully aligned. I had to lift one corner of the protector after installation and use the provided applicator to remove one air bubble. The glass protector is also nearly full coverage but leaves a sufficient gap to be compatible with most cases (mine is a Spigen Thin Fit). Lastly, the fingerprint reader is fully operational. In my settings, I increased screen sensitivity, de-registered all previously registered fingerprint, and re-registered my thumb twice. After this procedure, I have hardly any miss.

Attachments

• 20240202_172625.jpg
    20240202_172625.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • 20240202_172610.jpg
    20240202_172610.jpg
    879.3 KB · Views: 46

ZekkRagnos

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
The best one will probably end up being the FloLab. It has the Anti Reflective feature like the s24 ultra screen, and it's really good. I have on on the iPhone, and my screen looks almost like the s24 ultra. I should be getting mine delivered tomorrow and will install it and see how it goes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos