Moto X - Using Touchless Control w/ Lock Screen...Solution?

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
So I have a PIN lock screen set up and when I say OK Google and issue a command the command takes but then I have to unlock my phone to proceed. So I'll say OK Google Call XXX and it takes the command but then asks me to unlock to proceed. This somewhat defeats the purpose of Touchless Control IMO. I know if I have a Trusted Bluetooth I can work around this but I will only have that in my car. I don't plan on buying something like a Pebble either.

So the question: Is there a solution for this problem when I'm at home and don't have the phone right on me but want to issue a command? I'm interested in when I'm at home rather than out and about.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Using a trusted device (like a Bluetooth headset or similar) will allow you to use the touchless controls regardless of your PIN/security settings. Basically, the X will know YOU are nearby and will allow that control to bypass the security. It's a very nice way of allowing the bypass but keeping the security on the phone if you use it.

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Is there a way to keep the phone unlocked if I'm connected to a particular WiFi network? So whenever I'm at home I don't have to unlock?

Pierce09

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is an app that was featured on AC a while ago that does exactly that. I forget what it's called though. I'll try and then and it and let you know. If not, maybe someone else here knows what it's called.

Posted via Android Central App

Frankump

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So I have a PIN lock screen set up and when I say OK Google and issue a command the command takes but then I have to unlock my phone to proceed. So I'll say OK Google Call XXX and it takes the command but then asks me to unlock to proceed. This somewhat defeats the purpose of Touchless Control IMO. I know if I have a Trusted Bluetooth I can work around this but I will only have that in my car. I don't plan on buying something like a Pebble either.

So the question: Is there a solution for this problem when I'm at home and don't have the phone right on me but want to issue a command? I'm interested in when I'm at home rather than out and about.

Google was listening to you. ICYMI with the latest update to Google Search you can now unlock your phone via your voice.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Check out the update Motorola just pushed out for touch less control that gets around the issue of the phone being locked. You have to be running kit Kat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty