So I have a PIN lock screen set up and when I say OK Google and issue a command the command takes but then I have to unlock my phone to proceed. So I'll say OK Google Call XXX and it takes the command but then asks me to unlock to proceed. This somewhat defeats the purpose of Touchless Control IMO. I know if I have a Trusted Bluetooth I can work around this but I will only have that in my car. I don't plan on buying something like a Pebble either.

So the question: Is there a solution for this problem when I'm at home and don't have the phone right on me but want to issue a command? I'm interested in when I'm at home rather than out and about.
    12-12-2013 05:59 PM
    Either trusted blue tooth or slide/no unlock

-Moto X-
    UJ95x and jephanie like this.
    12-12-2013 06:42 PM
    Using a trusted device (like a Bluetooth headset or similar) will allow you to use the touchless controls regardless of your PIN/security settings. Basically, the X will know YOU are nearby and will allow that control to bypass the security. It's a very nice way of allowing the bypass but keeping the security on the phone if you use it.
    UJ95x likes this.
    12-12-2013 07:24 PM
    Cobra tag

(or Pebble).

Posted via Android Central App
    12-12-2013 07:29 PM
    Thanks everyone. Is there a way to keep the phone unlocked if I'm connected to a particular WiFi network? So whenever I'm at home I don't have to unlock?
    12-12-2013 07:54 PM
    Yes there is an app that was featured on AC a while ago that does exactly that. I forget what it's called though. I'll try and then and it and let you know. If not, maybe someone else here knows what it's called.

12-12-2013 07:58 PM
    Thanks everyone. Is there a way to keep the phone unlocked if I'm connected to a particular WiFi network? So whenever I'm at home I don't have to unlock?
    It's in beta currently but give this a try:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47365929

mikec8785 likes this.
    12-12-2013 08:01 PM
    The trigger app should do it I think:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en
    mikec8785 likes this.
    12-12-2013 08:13 PM
    So I have a PIN lock screen set up and when I say OK Google and issue a command the command takes but then I have to unlock my phone to proceed. So I'll say OK Google Call XXX and it takes the command but then asks me to unlock to proceed. This somewhat defeats the purpose of Touchless Control IMO. I know if I have a Trusted Bluetooth I can work around this but I will only have that in my car. I don't plan on buying something like a Pebble either.

So the question: Is there a solution for this problem when I'm at home and don't have the phone right on me but want to issue a command? I'm interested in when I'm at home rather than out and about.
    Google was listening to you. ICYMI with the latest update to Google Search you can now unlock your phone via your voice.

asdrew likes this.
    12-13-2013 10:30 PM
    Google was listening to you. ICYMI with the latest update to Google Search you can now unlock your phone via your voice.

Yes, Google and the NSA are always listening
    12-14-2013 06:13 AM
    Check out the update Motorola just pushed out for touch less control that gets around the issue of the phone being locked. You have to be running kit Kat.

12-14-2013 09:42 AM
    Thanks everyone; just saw that update!
    12-14-2013 10:55 AM