Can I get a 32gb Moto X through the Moto Maker on Sprint?

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I am typing this on a 32GBP Moto X on Sprint. I also had a little trouble activating it, but a phone call to Motorola on Thanksgiving day sorted it out, and it's worked fine since. Yeah, it was the regular price plus $50 for the extra ram, and you can customize it. You can't get a developer edition on Sprint, but that seems to be the only missing piece.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am typing this on a 32GBP Moto X on Sprint. I also had a little trouble activating it, but a phone call to Motorola on Thanksgiving day sorted it out, and it's worked fine since. Yeah, it was the regular price plus $50 for the extra ram, and you can customize it. You can't get a developer edition on Sprint, but that seems to be the only missing piece.

I believe the Sprint bootloader is unlockable like the DE.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
YES!! Thank you very much!! That's what I wanted to know *Happy Dance*

Quick question for you now...did you buy it outright off contract or did you buy it on contract as a new customer or an upgrade?

I used an upgrade I had available on my line to get my moto x through moto maker.

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone!! I knew I could count on you all to help sort this out. Sucks to hear that we are having hard times getting them set up but that they are eventually working is good news. Any pointers on how I should go about getting it all hooked up with Sprint after I get it? Is there anything specific that I could tell the Sprint people to do that could hurry the process along?

Thanks again!!

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone!! I knew I could count on you all to help sort this out. Sucks to hear that we are having hard times getting them set up but that they are eventually working is good news. Any pointers on how I should go about getting it all hooked up with Sprint after I get it? Is there anything specific that I could tell the Sprint people to do that could hurry the process along?

Thanks again!!
It wasn't really a big deal. True, I couldn't just click the "activate this phone" button, but a phone call did the trick with no hassles. It just took a little while on the phone. My husband had more trouble getting his Galaxy S4 to work with T-Mobile, simply because the T-Mobile rep he spoke with was an *****, and I had a competent rep when I called Moto.

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't really a big deal. True, I couldn't just click the "activate this phone" button, but a phone call did the trick with no hassles. It just took a little while on the phone. My husband had more trouble getting his Galaxy S4 to work with T-Mobile, simply because the T-Mobile rep he spoke with was an *****, and I had a competent rep when I called Moto.

Just for a little clarity, you called Motorola to get it activated or you went through Sprint? I have no problem waiting on the phone to get things done but I just would like to be certain who I would need to call to get the most results ;) Thanks! Much appreciated! :D

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Just for a little clarity, you called Motorola to get it activated or you went through Sprint? I have no problem waiting on the phone to get things done but I just would like to be certain who I would need to call to get the most results ;) Thanks! Much appreciated! :D

You should only need to talk to Sprint.

My experience with getting my Moto X activated took a little more effort:

I initially tried the Sprint online self activation (which included steps to manually provision the phone) but that failed. I then spoke with online chat to see if they could help, they made an attempt but also could not and said I had to take it to a Sprint store for activation. Since it was late in the evening, I tried calling and went through the self activation by phone which failed. So I then got an agent on the line who attempted for a while with no luck and ultimately told me to bring it into a Sprint store.

So the following day after work I stopped by a Sprint store. Two reps attempted to activate it but couldn't get it to work. They called up someone from corporate and after about 15 minutes on the phone he finally handed me my activated Moto X.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

I initially tried the Sprint online self activation (which included steps to manually provision the phone) but that failed. I then spoke with online chat to see if they could help, they made an attempt but also could not and said I had to take it to a Sprint store for activation. Since it was late in the evening, I tried calling and went through the self activation by phone which failed. So I then got an agent on the line who attempted for a while with no luck and ultimately told me to bring it into a Sprint store.

So the following day after work I stopped by a Sprint store. Two reps attempted to activate it but couldn't get it to work. They called up someone from corporate and after about 15 minutes on the phone he finally handed me my activated Moto X.

Same thing almost exactly for me. Only with the last part with the 2 reps in the store 1 of them had the solution. If you have a choice, go to a store with a repair center, they might have someone with that extra bit of knowledge needed. About half of them are, the sprint site notes which are repair and which are not.

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Good to know. My local Sprint appears to be pretty competent so I'll have to give it a shot after my purchase. You've been a great help. Thank you.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I called Motorola. I could probably have called Sprint, but I think I got a message to call Motorola. I was pleasantly surprised that someone was working on Thanksgiving morning and could take my phone call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii