Eligible for upgrade tomorrow...

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
So as the title states, I am eligible for an upgrade tomorrow and was considering the Moto X. At this point would it be better to wait for something different or just?

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You could wait it out. Woodside, moto CEO, said they have a couple phones in the pipeline for new year. We don't know what those phones will be but a 5 inch could be in the works.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So as the title states, I am eligible for an upgrade tomorrow and was considering the Moto X. At this point would it be better to wait for something different or just?

would depend on what your using now, how happy you are with it? If not happy but money is not a problem, I would be tempted to go with a Moto G and wait it out. That being said, the Moto X is the best phone I have ever owned :)

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I would plan on getting a Moto X, but at this point I would wait until after next week to see what is announced at CES. There is always something new coming along, so waiting for the latest will keep you from ever upgrading, but on the other hand something could be announced that may make you have second thoughts.

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
You could wait it out. Woodside, moto CEO, said they have a couple phones in the pipeline for new year. We don't know what those phones will be but a 5 inch could be in the works.

Of course they have more phones in the pipeline. They always have more phones in the pipeline. Those phones may not release until summer or fall, though.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Wouldn't expect anything significant until late summer. Feels like Motorola will just be adding backs (the other woods, maybe more colors, carbon fiber?!) to the current Moto X options.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I agree, no contract moto G if you decide to wait.

But, if I were you, I would get one of those bamboo back Moto X's or a nice custom from moto maker if you prefer. It is probably going to be awhile till Motorola comes out with another cool phone, moto X2 or whatever.

Time is ripe to "get in" in my opinion. I have owned sever blackberries back in the day. Original droid. HTC windows phone 7, iphone 5, HTC droid DNA, galaxy note 2.

I liked all of them. I love the moto X however more then any other, And I have owned it for a couple months so the newness is gone.

It is precious to me, GOLLUM!

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't expect anything significant until late summer. Feels like Motorola will just be adding backs (the other woods, maybe more colors, carbon fiber?!) to the current Moto X options.

Did you watch Woodside's interview with the kid on G+

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

dont think they will release high end phones till fall next year, they might release cheaper variants like moto g in first of next year.

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
would depend on what your using now, how happy you are with it? If not happy but money is not a problem, I would be tempted to go with a Moto G and wait it out. That being said, the Moto X is the best phone I have ever owned :)

Well I'm kind of conflicted in a few different ways. Right now I'm using a E4GLTE on Sprint. The phone works, but I have had problems with it. So I'm definitely leaning towards getting a new phone, but am also thinking about going tmo off contract. I'm probably over thinking all of this. I'm just not sure what I want to do especially after I paid for the early upgrade for this phone and being burned on it.

asdrew

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there will be something cooler by 2015, but if you're like me you want something now. The MotoX is one of the few devices which caused me to upgrade when there was absolutely nothing wrong with my phone and no reason to get a new one (with 4 lines I'm pretty good at frequently finding a "reason" to justify a new phone). I continue to be quite pleased with the MotoX compared to what else I may have done :)

ryleyinstl

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Unless you want some gigantic 5" phone (or bigger), get the Moto X. Best all round phone available today. I have been 100% completely satisfied with all aspects of this phone.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you watch Woodside's interview with the kid on G+

sure did.. but they are future products mainly wearable computing... I dont see any device coming for the next 6 months..

Moto X2 and G2 are something to expect but they are predicted to come Q4 2014

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what other phones you are considering and why. If you are debating only between the Moto X and a future phone that is yet to be released, I say go with the Moto X now. With this, you have two possibilities. One is that the Moto X completely satisfies you and you don't care about the new phones when they are introduced. The other possibility is that you get the Moto X now and then want something that comes out in the Spring. You can sell your Moto X and get what comes out in the Spring in that situation. This way, you get rid of the phone that you have now that is causing problems for you and you have low risk of not being satisfied in six months either way.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm kind of conflicted in a few different ways. Right now I'm using a E4GLTE on Sprint. The phone works, but I have had problems with it. So I'm definitely leaning towards getting a new phone, but am also thinking about going tmo off contract. I'm probably over thinking all of this. I'm just not sure what I want to do especially after I paid for the early upgrade for this phone and being burned on it.

Moto X or Nexus 5. I am on Sprint, have both, and the X seems to catch LTE better.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87