How do I get Timely daydream clock while in dock?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
How do I get my phone to display this daydream face while in my dock? I think only Timely has this daydream look and I have Timely but when in my dock my phone automatically uses a plain clock that bounces around, which I'm assuming is the default android daydream. And I don't see any way to change default daydreams.

moto-x-griffin-dock-2.jpg

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How do I get my phone to display this daydream face while in my dock? I think only Timely has this daydream look and I have Timely but when in my dock my phone automatically uses a plain clock that bounces around, which I'm assuming is the default android daydream. And I don't see any way to change default daydreams.

settings-->display-->Daydream-->[Pick timely]

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
hmmm. Probably not associated with my display change b/c i haven't docked my phone in a while, but just docked my phone and it's not recognizing being docked. Any guesses why or recs?

Have you gone into the Daydream settings and told it to Daydream when charging or docked? Your dock may be recognized as a charger and not a dock, since there's no dedicated dock port on the Moto X.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you gone into the Daydream settings and told it to Daydream when charging or docked? Your dock may be recognized as a charger and not a dock, since there's no dedicated dock port on the Moto X.

I did just that after I noticed it stopped working while docked but it used to work before with just 'while docked'. I'd rather not have it daydream when being charged outside the dock. :(.

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I did just that after I noticed it stopped working while docked but it used to work before with just 'while docked'. I'd rather not have it daydream when being charged outside the dock. :(.

I still don't understand what makes a device identify itself as a dock instead of a charger, but you may not have a choice.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I still don't understand what makes a device identify itself as a dock instead of a charger, but you may not have a choice.

Yeah, couldn't figure that out either. Just googled now, looks like its a magnet and I guess the o/s is supposed to recognize it. Hmmmm. I might have to do a chat with Motorola. Bummer.

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
That makes sense. It would explain why my LG wireless charger shows up as a charger, but the new Nexus one (which has a centering magnet) shows up as a dock. Are you sure your dock has the magnet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45