Poor LTE signal with moto x on Verizon

erjennin

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, has anyone else had the issue with the Verizon moto x dropping off of 4G LTE down to 3G and staying there? I have a entire family of Verizon phones and mine is the only one that does that.
Verizon is looking into it and might replace my phone. I have a customized motomaker moto x, will I get to customize another one if Verizon replaces it?

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, has anyone else had the issue with the Verizon moto x dropping off of 4G LTE down to 3G and staying there? I have a entire family of Verizon phones and mine is the only one that does that.
Verizon is looking into it and might replace my phone. I have a customized motomaker moto x, will I get to customize another one if Verizon replaces it?

Where are you located?

Is this indoors only?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The Sim card was new with the phone in November. Didn't have this issue start until late December.

I wonder if it could have anything to do with a software conflict, or even if Verizon is doing something to their towers? I'd wait and see if it improves but try to find out if Verizon is working on the towers locally. I don't have an X but the phone I use for calls has been a little slower the past few weeks and I'm thinking it might be the weather (constant rain/snow).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Verizon?s LTE sucks everywhere... I barely get any speed outside, in the middle of "great coverage" according to their map... And I've never had more than three bars signal. Btw, I'm in NYC/Jersey City and am using a SG3

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Verizon?s LTE sucks everywhere... I barely get any speed outside, in the middle of "great coverage" according to their map... And I've never had more than three bars signal. Btw, I'm in NYC/Jersey City and am using a SG3

You might want to look at the Sensorly maps and/or download the app. OpenSignal app is very similar, and they give comparisons of the coverage in your area from user's live data. My coverage with Sprint is pretty bad in my area. :-/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

erjennin

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site

I've had my share of issues as well but other members of my family can be right next to me and not have the issue.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if Verizon is having issues. My wife and I drove to Vegas after Christmas. The area was pretty busy and we hit a good amount of traffic through Victorville, Barstow, and Baker. I noticed that both of our phones dropped down the 3G (she has an iPhone 5). We got into Vegas and our phone stayed on 3G until we both powercycled/re-booted. Didn't think this was a Moto X issue since it was happening to my wife's iPhone 5 too.

erjennin

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if Verizon is having issues. My wife and I drove to Vegas after Christmas. The area was pretty busy and we hit a good amount of traffic through Victorville, Barstow, and Baker. I noticed that both of our phones dropped down the 3G (she has an iPhone 5). We got into Vegas and our phone stayed on 3G until we both powercycled/re-booted. Didn't think this was a Moto X issue since it was happening to my wife's iPhone 5 too.

That's funny because that's exactly what's happening to my phone with the exception that I'm alone. My family has an iPhone5, Droid Razr Maxx, and Samsung GS3 ... all of which were completely normal. Only my phone dropped down to 3G and got stuck there. It's happened several times in different locations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez