Enable Battery Saver with NFC?

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of a way to enable Battery Saver mode via NFC? I know it's easy enough to go into the settings and enable it manually but just thought it would be cool if I could just tap an NFC tag on my nightstand before I go to sleep.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean sleep mode or battery saver mode? I believe battery saver mode just effects how the battery is used in the bottom 15%! Chris

" When your battery drops to 15 percent, the saver will kick in to disable background data and reduce the screen brightness and timeout. It gives you a little extra time before you have to plug in that charger.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/moto-x-helpful-tips-and-tricks/#ixzz2qMsTtlfJ
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook"

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean sleep mode or battery saver mode? I believe battery saver mode just effects how the battery is used in the bottom 15%! Chris

" When your battery drops to 15 percent, the saver will kick in to disable background data and reduce the screen brightness and timeout. It gives you a little extra time before you have to plug in that charger.

Read more: Moto X: Helpful Tips and Tricks | Digital Trends
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook"

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes, Battery Saver automatically kicks in at 15% but I think you can also enable it manually at any percentage by turning it on in the battery settings.

Last edited:

Pierce09

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, Battery Saver automatically kicks in at 15% but I think you can also enable it manually at any percentage by turning it on in the battery settings.

By turning on the battery saver option in settings, it will enable it once the phone teaches 15%. If you have it off, then it will not kick in at 15%. Having it enabled when the phone is above 15% does absolutely nothing to conserve battery. Just FYI.

Posted via Moto X

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
By turning on the battery saver option in settings, it will enable it once the phone teaches 15%. If you have it off, then it will not kick in at 15%. Having it enabled when the phone is above 15% does absolutely nothing to conserve battery. Just FYI.

Posted via Moto X

Yup. I was misinformed about it.