What is the big deal about Motomaker if you use a case?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm not rich enough to get a new phone every year.
I keep my phone in very good shape to retain maximum resale value, so I intend to do the same for the Moto X. It's worth it if you want to upgrade phone sooner and doesn't have a bunch of money to throw around.

As for OP question, I will use a clear case.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well i for one think the Moto maker is a good idea. I buy phones every year and i never sell them. I like having backupsif needed. Can't find them all at the moment but here are some of my previous devices

CAM00060.jpg

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the air jacket grip case from Motorola - really like it. Good slim protection, clear on the back and the sides match my button colors.
I got this case and the clear back scratches so easily. It is very hard to get on and disrupted my screen protector putting it on. And then my nails, which aren't even that long, scratched the back while I was struggling to get it on my phone.

I almost broke my phone removing the damn thing!

How is the clear back holding up for you?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
As the original poster who now owns a Moto X with a case, I will say that I like that the Seidio Surface has cutouts for the buttons so you can see the color. I think the red looks cool against the dark grey case.

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
As the original poster who now owns a Moto X with a case, I will say that I like that the Seidio Surface has cutouts for the buttons so you can see the color. I think the red looks cool against the dark grey case.
Can you post pics? I love the surface case, just wish their holster clip wasn't so fragile. I need a holster.

Still would love to see a pic!

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
That's a pretty good review ;-)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's the perfect case for me, as long as it protects against a drop, which I hope to not find out but you never know. As I noted in the Best Case thread, it doesn't seem like it would provide much cushion if dropped on a corner. Other than that, it is thin, goes in and out of a pocket easily, feels good in the hand, doesn't collect lint, and fits great with the two-piece slide on design. On the kickstand version, the ks works great and doesn't add much bulk. It is a little wobbly but that is due to the curvature of the Moto X. The only thing that would make it better is if it had the dimple, but I can live without it.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Which case do you have?

I have the one available on the moto site when I bought it & a TPU one I got off Amazon for $7. I use the TPU case during the week because it covers the buttons and I work outside so better protection from wet/dirty hands. I use the other on weekends as it looks great on the X, perfectly clear to show off its awesomeness!

Edit: the TPU case is clear too.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87