Verizon Moto X: Asurion Will Give You a Moto Maker Device If You Customized

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Moto X: Asurion Will Give You a Moto Maker Device If You Customized

I usually carry insurance on my devices for the first 6 months or so and then look at current replacement cost vs. premium and deductible and decide if I want to continue based on those numbers.
smart. I usually never drop it but I should do like you do.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Before I ever bought this policy rest assured I called them. The booklet I have from then says item will be replaced with and identical device unless that device is no longer available. Last I heard the device is still available. Most good auto policies these days are replacement plus. My USAA policy will get me a brand new car. There for sure was collusion, or Moto would have been selling that insurance. Moto itself was probably just pressured but if you think there's not something going on between Verizon and Assurian to get us to a place where we are your deluding yourself. For the life of me I'm trying to figure out how they can even inject themselves into the equation. I bought the phone full price from Moto direct. Other than sticking in Sim I already had, Verizon had nothing to do with that transaction. Why should they be able to dictate the terms of my warranty? People really need to stop making excuses for companies that make **** moves like this. Like I said, I voted with my wallet. I dropped coverage from them on every device on my account and got a refund for the three months of non coverage on my Moto X. Frankly, the guy at Verizon was surprised when I told him why I was dropping coverage and actually offered the refund before I had to ask. I'll take the fifty a month I've been spending and self insure from now on. That's the last word I'll say on the matter. I'm just glad I saw this post and found out before I wasted any more money.

Posted via Android Central App

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

There for sure was collusion, or Moto would have been selling that insurance. Moto itself was probably just pressured but if you think there's not something going on between Verizon and Assurian to get us to a place where we are your deluding yourself.
While I think it would be naive to think that Motorola was not pressured by Verizon, the rest of what you wrote you just pulled out of thin air. And you should look up what the word "collude" means.

For the life of me I'm trying to figure out how they can even inject themselves into the equation. I bought the phone full price from Moto direct. Other than sticking in Sim I already had, Verizon had nothing to do with that transaction. Why should they be able to dictate the terms of my warranty?
Verizon's business relationship with the phone manufacturers is not something we as consumers get to dictate. If you don't like it, as you said, vote with your wallet and leave Verizon.

People really need to stop making excuses for companies that make **** moves like this.
Again, you seem to be making excuses for Verizon. It is Verizon you should leave but where you gonna go?

I'm just glad I saw this post and found out before I wasted any more money.
You're welcome. Don't forget to hit the thanks button on the OP.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

You know all I was doing was making a comment to the company rep. Your comments and personal attacks on me after are childish and immature and not at all helpful. I'll make sure I don't comment on your threads anymore.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

You know all I was doing was making a comment to the company rep.
I don't care who you were making your outrageous accusations to; they needed to be corrected.

Your comments and personal attacks on me after are childish and immature and not at all helpful.
I didn't personally attack you at all. I commented on the substance of your posts.

I'll make sure I don't comment on your threads anymore.
That won't be a loss to me.

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site

Yes I do. And on a few other devices. What bothers me about this is not that your insurance won't cover the device some of us bought but that if we wanted insurance on said device the other choices where denied. I don't know who made what deals with whom nor do I care honestly. I was sold insurance on a particular phone with the understanding that it was covered and now I find out that was only a kinda sorta thing. Kinda sorta was not what I was purchasing. I buy insurance on my Accord and need to use it the insurance company is not going to replace it with a Civic. Anything less is excuses and thievery. I'll choose to vote with my wallet.

Hi techitrucker,

If you currently have coverage on your Developers Edition Moto X and need to file a claim, we will find a creative solution to replace it with a like-for-like model, if one is available. We?d love the opportunity to discuss the details of your account and protected devices. Please email your contact information to socialmediateam@asurion.com and we will follow up with you to ensure all your concerns are addressed.

Thank you!

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

we will find a creative solution to replace it with a like-for-like model, if one is available.
so is the issue then the availability of Dev Ed refurbished units? Because Motorola can make any model a Dev Ed if they want to by flashing firmware to it.

Kathryn Virzi

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

Asurion is telling me this is not true and they have never heard of this opportunity.

can anyone else clarify that this has been confirmed?

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site

Asurion is telling me this is not true and they have never heard of this opportunity.

can anyone else clarify that this has been confirmed?

Hi Kathryn:

We'd be happy to help clarify our policy for you. Do you currently have a developer's edition Moto X that you are trying to file a claim on?

excessdb

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My claim # is 410102280
Asurion rep on the phone is refusing to replace with a MOTO X. I don't want a Droid X or a S4 that they're offering.
Please help

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I will personally never use Asurion again. I have had terrible experiences with them in the past. I pulled all of my family's phones off. The customer service reps couldn't care less and they will almost always replace your device with a refurb. This is just my opinion! I've heard some great stories about them from other people. There are quite a few 3rd party companies that you can insure your phone with. It's usually required that the device be less than 30 days old though.

Uncle Remus

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I just had to use that crap insurance, and believe me or not, you do NOT want it! My wife literally fought with them, got hung up on twice when put on hold, and was told repeatedly that the Moto X was no longer made! When she finally proved to them that it was still in production, they only offered a Droid Maxx. Hours later, after getting Verizon involved, they FINALLY gave in and offered a black 32gig replacement (the broken phone was a 32gig). They told her that they couldn't have it customized like the one being replaced because they wouldn't pay for that. Even after the wife told them it didn't cost extra!!

So, we did get a new, un-customized 32gig moto X from Motorola a week later, but what a friggin' hassle and a LONG night of unnecessary stress! NEVER AGAIN! I do not go online to bash anyone, but I'm sorry, we dealt with total idiots and liars! I have NO patience with CROOKS!

Whew! But that's just me.....

Posted via Android Central App on my Nexus 7 (2013)

Last edited:

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I just had to use that crap insurance, and believe me or not, you do NOT want it! My wife literally fought with them, got hung up on twice when put on hold, and was told repeatedly that the Moto X was no longer made! When she finally proved to them that it was still in production, they only offered a Droid Maxx. Hours later, after getting Verizon involved, they FINALLY gave in and offered a black 32gig replacement (the broken phone was a 32gig). They told her that they couldn't have it customized like the one being replaced because they wouldn't pay for that. Even after the wife told them it didn't cost extra!!

So, we did get a new, un-customized 32gig moto X from Motorola a week later, but what a friggin' hassle and a LONG night of unnecessary stress! NEVER AGAIN! I do not go online to bash anyone, but I'm sorry, we dealt with total idiots and liars! I have NO patience with CROOKS!

Whew! But that's just me.....

Posted via Android Central App on my Nexus 7 (2013)

Uncle Remus:

This is not the experience we want any of our customers to have. We'd love the opportunity to look into your experience further. We do have a process in place to assist customers with replacing their custom Moto X devices, if that is the listed equipment on the policy. Would you please email your claim#, the mobile # associated with your claim and the best contact# to socialmediateam@asurion.com? We will personally review your claims experience and reach out to you and your wife to see if we can help.

Thanks!

suzTK

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a customized Moto X 2 Gen in October 2014. I also put insurance on the phone through Verizon/Asurion. My phone was damaged in Nov 2014 and I filed a claim. After completing all of the paperwork and steps, I received an email with a link that told me "Unfortunately, your device is not currently in stock. In order to complete your claim please call 1-888-881-2622 and one of our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to further assist you." I assumed this was because I had a custom phone and their process only let me select the model of my phone and not the individual materials and colors. The rep who answered looked up my information and proceeded to tell me the manufacturer no longer produces the phone. I explained to her that this could not be correct as this model was just released, then told her I think the problem is that it is custom. She put me on hold. She came back and told me they do not produce or carry them any longer and she could only give me a Moto Droid Maxx. I explained again, she put me on hold several times and kept coming back with "They do not produce it" you get a Droid Maxx. I firmly but politely refused and told her I needed to speak to someone who get me the phone I purchased and insured. She placed me on hold to escalate the call. She did stay on to give me to the next rep I spoke with who was very friendly and explained they would order my custom phone. She had to put me on hold to transfer me to corporate, stayed on the line, and introduced me to the final rep before releasing me (also very friendly and helpful) She confirmed a call back number for me, asked for the details of my customized phone, and processed my deductible payment. She had to disconnect with me to place the order with Motorola but called back as promised in less than 10 minutes with my order # and an expected delivery date. Don't take no for an answer on this one. :)

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a customized Moto X 2 Gen in October 2014. I also put insurance on the phone through Verizon/Asurion. My phone was damaged in Nov 2014 and I filed a claim. After completing all of the paperwork and steps, I received an email with a link that told me "Unfortunately, your device is not currently in stock. In order to complete your claim please call 1-888-881-2622 and one of our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to further assist you." I assumed this was because I had a custom phone and their process only let me select the model of my phone and not the individual materials and colors. The rep who answered looked up my information and proceeded to tell me the manufacturer no longer produces the phone. I explained to her that this could not be correct as this model was just released, then told her I think the problem is that it is custom. She put me on hold. She came back and told me they do not produce or carry them any longer and she could only give me a Moto Droid Maxx. I explained again, she put me on hold several times and kept coming back with "They do not produce it" you get a Droid Maxx. I firmly but politely refused and told her I needed to speak to someone who get me the phone I purchased and insured. She placed me on hold to escalate the call. She did stay on to give me to the next rep I spoke with who was very friendly and explained they would order my custom phone. She had to put me on hold to transfer me to corporate, stayed on the line, and introduced me to the final rep before releasing me (also very friendly and helpful) She confirmed a call back number for me, asked for the details of my customized phone, and processed my deductible payment. She had to disconnect with me to place the order with Motorola but called back as promised in less than 10 minutes with my order # and an expected delivery date. Don't take no for an answer on this one. :)

Hi suzTK,

We're glad to hear that ultimately your custom Moto X is on the way! Please let us know if there is anything more we can do to help. Thanks!

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi suzTK,

We're glad to hear that ultimately your custom Moto X is on the way! Please let us know if there is anything more we can do to help. Thanks!

Amazing. Doesn't sound like help to me. Sounds like lazy customer service. What further boggles my mind is your response. So glad I don't use Asurion.

Posted via the Android Central App

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Asurion translation: even with our incompetency and all the hoops you had to jump through, at least you got your replacement, and that's all that matters. We're pretty awesome for coming through for you. Please consider us again in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress