widget icon issue?

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
As i was going through my widget shortcuts, I noticed that my "location" was on. So I went ahead to toggle it back off. But it won't fully un-illuminate. Rather its half on and half off. Has this happened to anyone? Its happening to my Nexus 7 (2013 model) as well. At first, I thought it as bc of the crappy hardware on the N7, but noticed the same issue with my moto X.

Any idea as to what is causing it?

(In the picture, the "location" icon is toggled ON. But its indeed OFF)

Screenshot_2014-03-03-21-05-13.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The stock Power Controls widget only allows you to toggle between "High Accuracy" (i.e., GPS on) and "Battery Saving" (i.e., GPS off, but location being estimated by wi-fi connection). The half-filled icon means the Battery Saving setting.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Really? Is this new to 4.4.2?

Or was this present even before the update? I believe you but I never took notice to it till now lol.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Really? Is this new to 4.4.2?

Or was this present even before the update? I believe you but I never took notice to it till now lol.

It's new with 4.4.2 I think. Noticed it on my N7 and X. I've been leaving it on half on the tablet and full on the phone. Haven't noticed any real impact on the battery. Gps only comes on sometimes and still getting all day charge.

To turn it all the way off you go into location settings and there's a toggle on/off in blue at the top.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, on my old Razr Maxx running 4.1.2, the Power Controls widget has a target symbol for GPS, and it's either on or off.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Same here on 4.4.2
You shouldn't worry much, because even with GPS on, battery is not hurting unless you are using navigation.
Also, It might not be a glitch at all, because the location sharing (triangling between the towers) can't really be completely off - emergency (911) has to have the access at all times.

Posted via Android Central App
VZW Moto X