Charging while streaming radio/music

rmn_cats

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I was wondering if it is bad for the battery to have the Moto X on it's charger while I stream radio or music for a couple of hours? The first time used the phone for streaming last week (not on charger) a good amount of battery got used up and I felt that I had to charge it again late in the afternoon, so the past two times I've kept it plugged in. I just wanted to make sure that this won't harm the battery. Thank you very much for any clarification on this issue and I hope this isn't too dumb of a question!

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Modern phones are made to operate with or without a charger plugged in and no harm will come to the phone or the battery if plugged in and in use at the same time.

I use my phone as a wifi hot spot for movie streaming to several laptops and it is always plugged in when doing so. Tethering and streaming will drain the battery at about 10% per hour so it only makes sense to have it plugged in when streaming movies.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I stream music, run navigation, have my hotspot on & charge at the same time. Did that with my Droid 4 too.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa