Will it harm playing game while charging?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's no harm in doing so, but you should understand that the battery will charge up more slowly while you're actively using the phone. It might even continue to fall despite the charger being plugged in, depending on how much power your current activities are taking.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Added heat generated from both charging and processing isn't good for the battery either.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Added heat generated from both charging and processing isn't good for the battery either.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Hmm, hadn't thought about that. But if the device doesn't heat up any more than it usually does during normal use, I imagine it wouldn't increase the risk of battery damage.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, hadn't thought about that. But if the device doesn't heat up any more than it usually does during normal use, I imagine it wouldn't increase the risk of battery damage.

Browsing, you are right. A resource heavy game, like any game that taxes the CPU and GPU (most racing games fall into this category), then that is where heat buildup can happen. I have had some racing games, like CSR Racing, where I noticed my device getting a little warmer than normal while playing and charging, and stopped immediately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez